Florida


I am horrible at documenting vacations. I tell myself that I’ll blog, journal and take pictures but I never do. I’ve taken a fair amount of polaroids but that’s about it. I normally get wrapped up in everything. We fill our days with activities and by the time I get home I’m exhausted. It’s always fun and exciting but then it all comes to an abrupt halt. It’s our last day here and we’ve filled it with things to do. My grandmother and I have been yardsaling and shopping all morning. Then we got home and my mom told me we were leaving tonight. It’s no secret that I’m an emotional person and I feel emotions deeply. I immediately went to my room to cry for a minute. It didn’t help that “You’ll be in my heart” was playing on the radio I once said that I wanted to move to Florida but that most likely won’t happen. Florida has in some ways become like the lake. There are just some places that we shouldn’t live. There are places that we should only go to once and a while because that makes it special. My ‘real life’ isn’t here and that’s how it should be. Whenever I think about Florida or the lake I get excited because I’m able to get away. I never want that feeling to go away. I always want these places to feel and be 
special. Unfortunately that means that we can’t stay here forever. I should be packing right now but I’m in an extreme amount of denial.

DFTBA
-AB

P.S. I’ll probably talk about Florida later but right now I’m going to enjoy it.

Comments

Popular Posts