Don't Let the Little Things Get You Down

     Today started out kind of rough. It was about 100 degrees out all day, I couldn't find my way around the Walmart because it had a totally different layout than the one at home (and it honestly didn't make any sense and made it take twice as long to find what I needed), I tried to walk in the exit instead of the entrance of the grocery store and this kid corrected me, I stopped at a gas station where all the pumps were out of order, and I got locked out of my house. But then one of our neighbors stopped by with ice cream and apple pie as a welcoming gift and she was so sweet. In the evening, I rode my bike to my aunt's house to feed and play with her new puppy Dexter. I took him to the dog park and he met two other dogs, Blue and...I don't remember the other dog's name actually. A band was playing Beatles covers at the band shell in the park so we walked over there before going home. Dex ate lots of goose poop and tried to eat a rubber stopper he found in the yard but luckily I got it out of his mouth before he died. Anyway, nice neighbors and cute puppies and good Beatles songs turned my bad day into a really good one, and for that I am thankful.
Dexter/Dex/Doc/Goofy chewing on a stick in the yard.

Day 1298 Song Recommendation: "Caving" by Seavera. Thanks to MF for the song rec!
Day 1299 Song Recommendation: "Fly Away With Me" by Tom Walker.

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts