ThanksMas ChristGiving, Skating, & More!

     It's been an incredibly busy, fun, festive weekend. Yesterday we had ThanksMas ChristGiving with Temple GCC people at the GCC ministry house near Drexel, where we jammed out (or rather, the people who could sing, play guitar, and shake those little shaker things sat in a circle and jammed out and those of us who don't have any of those talents listened on the outside and wished we had musical talent), ate way too much food, had a White Elephant gift exchange (I got a bag of pecans?), played games like Ninja (I watched because I'm too uncoordinated) and Zero-Zero-Seven-Bang (this was a game I'd never played before or heard of, but it was a lot of fun), and had a worship session at the end. It was a lot of fun and I was glad Haley and Melissa came because sometimes I feel like the on occasion but with Haley and Melissa there I always had someone to talk to.
     Then today we had church and after church we had a Christmas photo booth and took some cute pictures and after that Haley, Melissa, and I went downtown to go ice skating at Spruce Tree Harbor because the LLCs (Living Learning Communities) were giving out free SEPTA tokens, as well as free admission and skate rentals if you signed up with them. We were supposed to have a 3 P.M.-4:30 P.M. skating session but by the time we got our tokens, rode the subway, got our tickets, got our skates, put on our skates and put our stuff in a locker, it was already 4 P.M. so we only got to skate for an hour (which was honestly okay with me because my ankles were killing me!). I'd never been ice skating before so for the first few times around the rink, I held onto Haley and Melissa and teetered around with them and then they let me go and I was actually able to do it! I only fell once and that was because Melissa was too far away to grab onto and Haley was off helping a guy who'd been in her orientation group who hadn't skated before and was clearly struggling. He looked like a little old man. I shipped them so hard and took this lovely photo that honestly should be the cover of a rom com. I have to give myself credit for taking this photo WHILE skating. And it's only a little blurry.
     After skating we walked around South Philly and got pizza and Franklin Fountain ice cream. The sea salt caramel ice cream was sooooo stinking good oh my goodness. Nothing like eating ice cream outside when it's like 40 degrees out, haha. Anyway, it was a fun end to a fun weekend and now it's time for me to CRAM!!! :) :) :)

Day 1104 Song Recommendation: "Silk" by Dustin Tebbutt.
Day 1105 Song Recommendation: "One Man Town" by Elmore.

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts