Music is a Beautiful Lie

     Yesterday at work I was talking with this girl Alyssa and she was saying how in her Music Theory class they were learning about common chord progressions and how thousands of songs use the same exact chord progressions but we as listeners don't even pick up on it and we think of songs as all being completely unique. I know a little bit about this from Orchestra and my own observation ("My House" by Flo Rida and "Live Forever" by Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors are essentially the same song when you boil it down, despite the fact that they're completely different genres and sound nothing alike...if you don't believe me, look it up). Alyssa then mentioned a video where a group of guys explored this fun little fact and mashed together a whole bunch of popular songs that utilize the same chord progression. I decided to look it up and it's actually really entertaining and will make you think "Woah! I never thought about how similar those songs sound!" So, if you want to take a quick break from studying or you're trying to avoid studying all together, enjoy this video:



-VaughnDL 

Comments

Popular Posts