Do What You Love, BSL, Chair Races, & Ice Cream

     It's been so long since I posted. I don't know what's wrong with me. I miss posting everyday. Those were the good old days...what in the world did I talk about every single day? My life must have been much more exciting.
     Today when I was waiting in line to order lunch there was a girl and a guy behind me and the guy said "If I could be anything and didn't have to worry about money I would've been a marine biologist" and the girl said "I would be a teacher. I've always wanted to be a teacher." And I just thought to myself what a shame it is that people who are called to a certain profession never actually get to do it and instead settle for less than they want, all because of money. Money shouldn't be the reason that you settle for a job that doesn't make you happy. Besides, it's not like a marine biologist and a teacher are going to be living on the streets. Sure, you might not be filthy rich, but is that really all we want out of life? Money? That's kind of sad. My Shakespeare in the Movies professor said something interesting last week that stuck with me. She said, "You don't lie on your deathbed counting the money you have. You lie on your deathbed counting the love you have." So spend your time doing what you love and loving people instead of money. Amen.
     This evening I went with some Temple GCC people to watch BSL (Broad Street Line a cappella group) perform because one of our church/family group members, Robert, was performing and it was an awesome, lively concert and wow, I'm continually impressed by people who can actually sing. Because I cannot.
     Then I went back to 1300 for a while and Eddie and Rei texted me saying they had something for me and they gave me a care package for finals!! It was so sweet. After that, Haley, Melissa, and I got dinner at Southside Diner and Haley used her extra meal swipe to buy us four scoops of ice cream (two Rocky Road, one chocolate chip, and one birthday cake) to share, but Melissa had to meet up with her lab partner and do their lab, so I chilled in my dorm for a while before we met up to eat the ice cream. Rebecca and I had spinny chair competitions to see who could push off from the door and get the farthest (she won), listened to Christmas music, and Urban Dictionary-ed and Googled our old high schools, hometowns, and each other to see what came up. It was pretty funny. And of course I got to brag about Hagerstown being home to America's Second Ugliest Male Population.
     Once Melissa finished her lab, we went to Haley's room and sat on the floor, eating ice cream and telling embarrassing stories. It was a pretty dope day. Only one more class tomorrow and I'M DONE FOR THE SEMESTER!! Besides two finals and a paper due on the 20th. But eh, that can wait. :) :)

Day 1108 Song Recommendation: "Rise Up" by Andra Day.
Day 1109 Song Recommendation: "Don't You Cry For Me" by Cobi.
Day 1110 Song Recommendation: "Where Did Our Love Go" by the Supremes.
Day 1111 Song Recommendation: "The Christmas Song" by the Raveonettes. Thanks to DL for the song rec!

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts