No Such Thing As Failure

     The thing about college is that at no other point in your life will you live with a bunch of people you go to school with and have classes with. I'll be walking around 1300 in my PJs or my baggy sweats and sweatshirt with my panda slippers, looking generally disheveled and unattractive and I'll see someone from my Spanish class or my Mosaic class and I'll just smile and wave and be like "Yep, I don't have my crap together all the time." It's oddly liberating. I wouldn't say that I'm more self-confident but I do feel like I care less. I guess because there are a lot of other people wandering the hallways in PJs and baggy sweats, looking generally disheveled. In high school everyone tried so hard, myself included, and I think we've finally reached that point where we're just tired of it. It's exhausting, always trying to prove yourself.
     Tomorrow we schedule classes for next semester and honors priority registration opens at 7 A.M., so hopefully I'll get the classes/schedule I want but if not, I have to trust that that's the way it was meant to be! I fully intended to wake up, schedule my classes, and go back to bed for another hour and a half. Or maybe not. I don't know if that's worth it. Anyway, here's an inspirational quote for you, exerpted from "I Am That", which we're reading in Mosaic:

"There is no question of failure, neither in the short run nor in the long. It is like travelling a long and arduous road in an unknown country. Of all the innumerable steps there is only the last which brings you to your destination. Yet you will not consider all previous steps as failures. Each brought you nearer to your goal, even when you had to turn back to by-pass an obstacle. In reality each step brings you to your goal, because to be always on the move, learning, discovering, unfolding, is your eternal destiny. Living is life’s only purpose."-Sri Nisargadatta Majaraj

Day 1074 Song Recommendation: "First" by Lauren Daigle.
-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts