HalloWIN!
So last night was "Naugle Treating", which is where tons of people from the Res Hall dress up for Halloween, and everyone goes around to each floor collecting candy. Then, at the end, there's a costume contest. It was basically the most fun Halloween celebration I've ever participated in. (Clearly, I don't do much for Halloween).A couple weeks ago, me and the roommates were discussing what we should dress up as for Halloween, and me, in my infinite wisdom, decided to come up with a silly pun costume. So I said "We should wear all black and draw big "g"s on our shirts and say we're "emojis". Har har har get it?" I thought this idea would be met with blank stares or eye rolls, but instead, both my roommates burst out laughing and thought it was a great idea! So I AM funny! Take that!
Emily went out and bought us all black t-shirts and used puffy paint to make "G"s on the chests. Then last night we taped black ribbons around our necks like chokers, painted our lips and eyelids black, and attempted "goth" hairstyles. I even put in a faux bull ring (it was actually an ear cuff...so now I'm gonna scrub that baby as hard as I can since it's been up my nose). We looked pretty rad if I do say so myself.
When it came time for the costume contest, we registered as a group costume. We were up against an incredibly realistic group of Disney Princesses, a group of zombies, some Avengers, and "Juan" Direction. The competition was tight but... WE WON!!!!!!!!!!! So we got a Starbucks gift card, our photo taken, and of course, bragging rights.
We may have won the costume competition, but we lost at life a little bit: when it was our floor's turn to hand out candy, we all ran into the room in a rush to grab the candy and get back out of the room. I was the designated key holder, but I set it down on the bed and left it there, and Emily closed the door behind us as we started handing out candy. We locked ourselves out. So after we collected our prize and everything, we had to wait around in the lobby while one of the RAs got a spare key and helped us get back into our room. We also had to sign a paper saying that we locked ourselves out of the room, because after you lock yourself out twice, you have to pay a fee. Lets cross our fingers that we don't do that again. It was really funny though. We also finally got told we had to move our contraband pumpkins out of the hallway, so I threw them in the dumpster this morning. It was just a great day yesterday, full of laughs and group pictures and candy and fun. Definitely the best Halloween I've had so far. :)
-VaughnDL

Comments
Post a Comment