That Will Be Us Soon
I just got back from graduation, where MF and I were playing with the Orchestra. I didn't cry or anything, but it was really she'll shocking realizing that in just a single year, I'll be doing that exact same thing--walking across the stage, accepting my diploma, switching my tassel from one side to the other, and throwing my cap into the air yelling goodbye to my years as a kid. That's so crazy, I can't even fathom it. And it's coming so soon!!!!!! It makes my chest clench up in fear or maybe it's excitement or maybe anxiety, I'm not even sure. I'm excited to see what the future holds for me and to start a new chapter in my life, but it feels like this chapter is ending way too fast, like suddenly everything is at hyper speed. And I don't want the future to come if it's bad, if it means I lose all my friends and never see them again! Growing up is so bittersweet isn't it?
But it was really nice seeing all the seniors graduating, some of whom are my very close friends, and I even got to get a picture with one of them, although it's not even a good picture of me because I'm not looking at the camera! But at least I'll have a little bit of documentation of this day and my last time seeing IT for a while.
Anyway, now I'm really tired an just want to sleep forever so maybe i'll do just that.
-VaughnDL

Comments
Post a Comment