My New Pastime

     Out of sheer boredom and an obsession with weddings, I've "planned" four of my closest friends' hypothetical weddings and now I'm going to share them with you so that you can roll your eyes and be bored out of your mind.
For MF, I chose a "nautical" theme since she wants to get married in Cape May. I incorporated St. Peter's church, as well as a daisy bouquet and daisy wedding cake, because those were all things I know she likes. As for everything else, I kind of just went with what felt like MF. I know she likes mermaid dresses, so I chose one that I thought looked like her, and I chose navy blue for the bridesmaid dresses in keeping with the nautical theme. The place settings and reception room looked very classy, elegant, and summery to me. The hairdo is timeless and classy, and the lighthouse picture I added in as another reminder of the Cape May setting. Overall, I wanted it to have a timeless, classy, and elegant feel because that's just the kind of girl MF is.

For AP's wedding, the beach automatically came to mind. I have no clue where she wants to get married but I just picture her getting married on the beach, so I went with it. I also have no idea what kind of flowers or dress types she likes, so again I just chose things that said "AP" to me. AP has a very vibrant, fun-loving personality, so the neon blue and and pink orchids as well as the purple, glowing place settings worked well with that. The sunset ceremony screamed AP because she's always taking pictures of the sunset and the outdoor reception looked perfect with all the floating candles. I imagined that her dress would be simple, no frills, and probably strapless, so that's where that comes from, and her hair would probably be half-down half-up and slightly curly. The "HELP" picture was a nod to AP's future husband, who will have his hands full for the rest of his life. :)

I know the most about what DL wants for her wedding but for some reason that made it even more difficult because I couldn't find pictures that fit exactly what she would want. I know that she wants to get married in the fall near the ruins of an old stone building and she wants poppies for her bouquet. I was pretty sure she wanted orange bridesmaid dresses and a long-sleeved lace dress, but I couldn't find a dress that screamed DL so I just found a close up of a lacey dress that I thought was very vintage and pretty. One thing that I really loved and had to include was the "Let your creativity flow... Type or write us your thoughts, wishes, or advice!" plaque next to the old typewriter. That was perfect. I also thought the hair piece was very vintage with the netting and the flowers, and the groomsmen picture looked super retro as well. I have a feeling DL's hypothetical wedding will be super creative, ecclectic, and vintage... basically DL encapsulated in wedding form.

AB's wedding was by far the hardest to hypothetically plan. I knew nothing about what she wanted for her wedding, so I just went off what I know about AB and what looked like something she would like. I don't remember if she ever actually said she wants a fall wedding, but that's what I pictured and that's what you see above (particularly in the second picture which is freaking perfect because it's TFiOS and weddings and fall all in one). I felt like AB would probably get married in a church instead of outside, so that's what the first and third pictures reflect. Overall, I went with a rustic-fairytale type theme. I could picture AB and her husband in front of the giant book that says "Once upon a time" and is covered in ivy and I loved the cake covered in words because AB is a total book nerd. The place settings were pretty rustic and the bouquet was autumnal but still went with the dark teal dress, which I thought was a very AB color. The hairstyle was super intricate and Ariel-esque, just like AB.

I have to say, I had a lot of fun creating these hypothetical wedding collages. Maybe I'll just skip the whole teacher thing and become a wedding planner... Nah, way too stressful.

Day 582 Song Recommendation: "It Won't Be Long" by The Beatles.
-SE Wagner




Comments

  1. That was so fun to read! I would definitely get married in a church and I love the rustic theme. Now you have inspired me to be a typical white girl and create a private pinterest board for my wedding someday. I actually saw that hairstyle on pinterest and thought about doing it for prom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! This makes me so happy! So glad I could inspire you to be a typical white girl too. :)

      Delete
    2. You should totally do that hair for prom next year!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts