Get Thee Behind Me News!
Oh, a blank screen and a blinking cursor. How many times I've stared at you unknowing. Sometimes I wonder why I've been given the gift of writing, because so often I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY or I have SO MUCH TO SAY BUT NO IDEA HOW TO SAY IT!
There's a lot of stuff in the news lately, and I like to keep away from the news because frankly, I don't care, and I don't like thinking about the horrible things in life, or the controversial topics that I really don't know how to feel about. But this Caitlyn Jenner thing has been EVERYWHERE, as has the Duggar scandal, so let's address those.
First of all, I have no idea how I feel about Caitlyn Jenner. I don't know why I need to have an opinion about it at all because it's not my life, and it really shouldn't be blasted across the cover of every magazine in the world, it should be treated sensitively because it's someone's life that's just being meddled around in for publicity's sake. And that's the truly sad thing about Caitlyn's life is that OBVIOUSLY she's going to have struggled with her identity, because she's been in the spotlight for decades, every single move nitpicked and scrutinized. So now she's finally coming out as her true self and it's this HUMONGO deal when it should be one simple headline saying "Bruce Jenner has now transitioned into life as a female." THE END. No further comment needed. Because IT DOESN'T MATTER and it DOESN'T affect anyone.
Second of all, the Duggar's are yet another family that has been thrown into the spotlight and there have been tabloids and paparazzi digging around for dirt on them for YEARS just trying to get the show cancelled because heaven forbid there be a show that highlights a good Christian family with actual morals and standards for their children. The fact that one of their sons may have molested the daughters is terrible, but they've gotten past it! It's in the past, there's been counseling and forgiveness and repentance, and that's all there is to it. He knows what he did was wrong, and they've all gone on with their lives. Now it's just coming out in the media to make Christian's look bad. Yes, because it's so awful that a family could even consider forgiving their son of something like that. Because the Christ-like attitude of forgiving and forgetting is so darn scandalous. I am so sick and tired of every single Christian show or movie being bombarded with bad publicity. Although you know, it should really not be that surprising. Because it even says in the Bible that Christians will be continuously persecuted so that the devil's side can win. So I guess we'll just have to get used to the media digging up skeletons in every single Christian celebrity's closet as a means of validation and publicity. Because it's not going to end.
So there you have it. I don't care and I'm not surprised about all the insane things going on in the world right now. I just want to fill my head with happy good things and forget about the STINKING NEWS!!!!!
-VaughnDL
There's a lot of stuff in the news lately, and I like to keep away from the news because frankly, I don't care, and I don't like thinking about the horrible things in life, or the controversial topics that I really don't know how to feel about. But this Caitlyn Jenner thing has been EVERYWHERE, as has the Duggar scandal, so let's address those.
| This is what the news SHOULD look like |
Second of all, the Duggar's are yet another family that has been thrown into the spotlight and there have been tabloids and paparazzi digging around for dirt on them for YEARS just trying to get the show cancelled because heaven forbid there be a show that highlights a good Christian family with actual morals and standards for their children. The fact that one of their sons may have molested the daughters is terrible, but they've gotten past it! It's in the past, there's been counseling and forgiveness and repentance, and that's all there is to it. He knows what he did was wrong, and they've all gone on with their lives. Now it's just coming out in the media to make Christian's look bad. Yes, because it's so awful that a family could even consider forgiving their son of something like that. Because the Christ-like attitude of forgiving and forgetting is so darn scandalous. I am so sick and tired of every single Christian show or movie being bombarded with bad publicity. Although you know, it should really not be that surprising. Because it even says in the Bible that Christians will be continuously persecuted so that the devil's side can win. So I guess we'll just have to get used to the media digging up skeletons in every single Christian celebrity's closet as a means of validation and publicity. Because it's not going to end.
So there you have it. I don't care and I'm not surprised about all the insane things going on in the world right now. I just want to fill my head with happy good things and forget about the STINKING NEWS!!!!!
-VaughnDL

Comments
Post a Comment