Fangirling over Fangirl

     It's been a long time since I liked a book so much I spent three hours on a school night reading it. Thanks, Rainbow Rowell. Once again, you've come through. I don't think I've ever really liked a book about college kids, but so far I love Fangirl. I can actually relate to the narrator because so far she has refrained from typical college attitudes and actions, which I appreciate. I also appreciate how realistic the story is: the drifting apart of a lifelong friendship, the fact that Cath isn't really friends with her roommate, Cath's anxiety... I feel like Cath's college experience is a lot more realistic than what is usually portrayed in books and movies, and yet we're trained to see her non-partying, introverted behavior as abnormal. Anyway, social commentary aside, I'm excited to see how the second half of the book unfolds. I was so excited for Cath and Levi, and then Levi went and became a douche briefly, so now he has to redeem himself before I ship them again. I'm excited to watch the Yulin Kuang episodes of Fangirl! Eek! Especially the reading The Outsiders scene. If that's not an episode, I'll be shocked. 

Day 555 Song Recommendation: "High Hopes" by Kodaline. 
-SE Wagner

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts