Freaking In

     I'm having an existential crisis. Just kidding. But I seriously need to get back to school tomorrow. I've had way too much free time this weekend to contemplate and stress out over my impending future. I just want it to be this time next year so that I'll know which colleges I've gotten into and which ones (if any) have given me scholarships and then I just want to make my decision and be done. But nooo. I have to wait another six months before I can even start applying, and then another agonizing five or six months before I know whether I've gotten any scholarships. Do you know how much I hate waiting? I'm a very patient person, until it comes to my future. Not my immediate future, like the fact that this Friday is the end of the marking period and I REALLY want to do well on any tests between now and then, but my way-off-in-the-distance future, like going to Haiti this summer and going to college next year. I want those things to just happen NOW. I'm tired of imagining how they'll go and all of the possible outcomes. I just want it to happen already! Same thing with SAT retakes and AP exams. I just want to get it over with. But no, I have to do things like "waiting" and "preparing" and it's awful. I just want to go to school tomorrow so that I'll have better, more useful things to stress out about.
     Time to go do the homework I've been putting off while having my early-life crisis.

Day 485 Song Recommendation: "My Body" by Young the Giant.

-SE Wagner

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts