Taylor Swift Book Tag (SE's Response)
I've said this like, twenty times today, but I seriously just want to curl up in a ball on the floor and cry. Actually, I'm so drained I don't think I could cry, but I'd at least like to take a really, really long nap. Like, maybe a coma.
But I'm sure you are SUPER sick and tired of hearing about my wittle baby pwoblems, so I'm going to do AB's book tag.
1. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
(pick a book or series that you were pretty sure you were in love with, but then wanted to break up with)
I wouldn't say I wanted to break up with it, but I was definitely disappointed with Mockingjay, the third installment of The Hunger Games trilogy.
2. The Best Day
(pick a book that makes you feel nostalgic)
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. These books always bring me back to summer, and I can imagine reading them when I'm in my twenties and I won't be able to relate anymore and I'll just be sad and miserable...
3. Love Story
(pick a book with forbidden love)
Eleanor & Park. They come from such different social, cultural, and economic backgrounds. Park's mom disapproves, and Eleanor's stepdad disapproves, and it's because of these major figures in their life that they have to hide the fact that they like each other, and are even a little ashamed of it.
Hilly Holbrook from The Help. Especially in the movie. She has so many quotable lines, but she's such a wretched person.
I don't know how I've been so lucky, but I can't remember a time when someone completely spoiled a book for me.
But I'm sure you are SUPER sick and tired of hearing about my wittle baby pwoblems, so I'm going to do AB's book tag.
1. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
(pick a book or series that you were pretty sure you were in love with, but then wanted to break up with)
I wouldn't say I wanted to break up with it, but I was definitely disappointed with Mockingjay, the third installment of The Hunger Games trilogy.
2. The Best Day
(pick a book that makes you feel nostalgic)
| Cast from The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. |
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. These books always bring me back to summer, and I can imagine reading them when I'm in my twenties and I won't be able to relate anymore and I'll just be sad and miserable...
3. Love Story
(pick a book with forbidden love)
Eleanor & Park. They come from such different social, cultural, and economic backgrounds. Park's mom disapproves, and Eleanor's stepdad disapproves, and it's because of these major figures in their life that they have to hide the fact that they like each other, and are even a little ashamed of it.
4. I Knew You Were Trouble
(pick a book with a bad character you couldn’t help but love)Hilly Holbrook from The Help. Especially in the movie. She has so many quotable lines, but she's such a wretched person.
5. Innocent
(pick a book that someone ruined the ending for)I don't know how I've been so lucky, but I can't remember a time when someone completely spoiled a book for me.
6. Everything Has Changed
(pick a character from a book who goes through extensive character development)
Juliette from Shatter Me. At the beginning, she's this timid, half-insane girl, and by the end she's a bad-A super hero.
7. You Belong With Me
(pick your most anticipated book release)
Girl Online! I'm super excited to see how this book turns out.
8. Forever and Always
(pick your favorite book couple)
| Replace Daniel Radcliffe with Logan Lerman and you have the perfect Stargirl and Leo. |
Stargirl and Leo. Yeah, they didn't end up together, but I feel like that's not where their story ends. Leo was a teenage boy, and Stargirl was this crazy, effervescent... spirit, almost, and to expect them to stay together in high school, of all times and places, would be unrealistic for the story. But I feel like once they grew up, they met up again and fell back in love, and got married and lived happily ever after.
9. Come Back, Be Here
9. Come Back, Be Here
(pick the book you would least like to lend out, for fear of missing it too much)
Usually when I lend out books, I forget I've even lent them out until the person gives it back three months later...
11. Teardrops On My Guitar
(pick a book that made you cry a lot)
The Book Thief. Geez, I didn't cry, I sobbed. Make me watch or read anything on the Holocaust, and I'm probably gonna bawl.
Well that's it! Despite the fact that I was only familiar with three of those songs, it was a fun tag!
Day 318 Song Recommendation: "Eyes Open" by Taylor Swift.
-SE Wagner
-SE Wagner


Comments
Post a Comment