I'm a Terrible Person

     We're at the Bay for the weekend again and there's been some major flooding over the last few days. When we drove onto the island last night, whole sections of road were completely flooded where the tide had come right up over the road, but we managed to get home, and then last night it was really stormy and I woke up to the howling wind and rain and after I tried covering my ears with my hands and a pillow, I was seriously considering getting up and getting my headphones to wear, but I was too tired and after a while the wind died down and I fell asleep. Then I woke up this morning and the power was out and I was so angry. This would be like, the third time it'd happened this year, and I was just thinking to myself "Oh my gosh, I just want to be at home where there is electricity." So, since I was pissed and all, I crawled back in bed, and a couple minutes later, what do you know, the power comes back on. So then I was happy and got a shower and enjoyed the electricity. Then later today I found out that the reason the power was out was because someone on the island got electrocuted and died. The tide had pushed his boat up on land and he was trying to push it back out when the mast ran into a telephone wire, and he got electrocuted. That's why they turned the power off. Like, geez man! I was pissed because I couldn't take a shower, while this guy's family is planning his funeral!!!!!! I can't even comprehend it. I don't want to comprehend it, because if I start to comprehend it, I'll begin to realize the extent of my horribleness, and I feel like I don't want help with that. 
     Then to top it off, I probably insulted our guests. So my dad's work partner and his wife are visiting for the weekend, and he was like "So I hear you want to be a teacher" and I was like "Yeah" and he was like "And what made you want to do that?" and I was like "I'm not sure. I just know I don't want to be a doctor", thereby managing to insult both him and my dad... He laughed and said "Sometimes I don't even want to be a doctor" and I realized like, half a minute later how rude I'd sounded, and I hadn't meant to at all! It's just the truth. Other people's bodily fluids... Gah. Get that away from me. I just don't understand why people find it so dang shocking that I want to be a teacher. It's not about me changing the world's education system, or anything like that. It's just the one thing I feel I'd be good at. The one job that I'd feel satisfied with. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've wanted to be a teacher basically my whole life. And whenever people say "Oh, you say you want to be a teacher now, but you'll change your mind" I feel like saying "I haven't changed my mind in 10 years. I don't think I'm going to change it now."

Day 316 Song Recommendation: "Stolen Dance" by Milky Chance. 
-SE Wagner 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts