A Lesson from the Monks

     I just remembered something I meant to mention in my earlier post, so I'm making another one to say it. So in World History today my teacher told us about how these Buddhist monks came to his college one time and they spent a week making this beautiful work of art by dropping one grain of sand at a time and at the end of the week, 90 minutes after the sand art was done, one of the monks went over and scattered all of the grains of sand with one swoop of his hand. Everyone in the room (who wasn't a monk) gasped. They were shocked that this man could ruin the hard work and beauty of this piece of art. But that was the whole point. You're not supposed to be attached to things. Sometimes you have to build things up and blow them away just to learn to let go. 

Comments

Popular Posts