Why Do You Do This To Me, Marie Lu?!

     I just finished Prodigy and oh my goodness I did not expect to love it as much as I did. It was so so good, and full of some of the best plot twists ever. Please just read this series!!! I can't believe I didn't bring the next book in the sequel, Champion, with me. How stupid I was to think I'd want to read other books before jumping right back into Day and June's story. If you haven't read this sequel yet, I highly suggest it (even though I haven't finished it myself).
     It's up there with The Hunger Games and Divergent in terms of young adult dystopian novels, and just as plain good literature. I think it has something for everyone. Action, romance, suspense, plot twists, characters you love, characters you hate... And an incredibly intelligent author. My aunt, who is a middle school librarian, gave me the Legend series for Christmas and she said that of the Divergent, Hunger Games, and Legend series, the Legend series had the "most satisfying ending". I don't know what that means, but I hope it's good. Cassandra and her sister read the whole series and Cassandra said she cried, and she's not a super emotional book-reader, so I hope that that's a good sign, but judging from the way Prodigy ended, I just don't know. It could be a tear-jearker in a very sad way, not a "this is so beautiful" way.      
     Urgh!!! I need Champion NOW!
     I guess instead I'll have to satisfy myself with the third book in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series. 

Day 247 Song Recommendation: "Rainy Zurich" by The Fray. 
-SE Wagner 

Comments

Popular Posts