
I typed this on my laptop last night and for whatever reason I didn't post it...great job AB. So like DL and SE I am posting my thoughts about the movie. The Fault In Our Stars is my favorite book. John Green is such a wonderful writer. I remember reading the book for the first time and just crying my eyes out on the bus and Jane and Sarah stared at me like I was crazy. Now they understand because they have read the book. When we got there DL and I were waiting for Swag and we probably scared the people who walked past us. I'm not going to lie I cried at the opening credits. I was having so many emotions and I could not believe that this was actually happening. As I said over and over again that I was excited. The actors were so amazing. Ansel Elgort is the perfect Augustus. I will admit I wasn't very excited about him because honestly he doesn't look like Augustus the first time you see him. His crooked smile and the way he spoke was spot on. It was how I saw him when I read the book. Speaking of Augustus his room was perfect, it was exactly how I saw it. The color's of the walls being brown, the trophies on the wall, messy bed. Shailene was also really great. When I watched her I didn't see that Amy from the secret life of the American teenager I saw Hazel Grace and that was one of my biggest fears. Overall the casting was very well done. I was a little sad that they didn't keep the John Green scene in there. I know that he is probably a terrible actor but still he is the author. There better be deleted scenes on DVD. I know that this movie could never compare to the book. It's impossible, this movie captured the theme of the book. After I saw this movie I just wanted to tell someone that I loved them. Seriously that's what you feel. Life is so short and this movie emphasizes that perfectly. The world is not a wish-granting factory. People get diagnosed with cancer, people die young, you don't always get what you deserve. You should still enjoy life because we don't have that long here and we don't know when our last day will be. Another thing that was pointed out in the movie that I forgot about is when Gus and Hazel are at the park and Gus just wants to be remembered and loved. Then Hazel angrily points out she and all his family was what he got and he still lived a meaningful life. I think without hearing what Hazel said I probably would have agreed with Gus. Sadly we can't all be Oprah or Steve Jobs but that doesn't mean that you haven't lived a good life. Yes I sobbed even after the opening credits. I was trying so hard to not sob loudly because other people deserved to enjoy the movie. Needless to say the Vicks tissues were really useful. Even reading the book for the fourth time it still makes me smile and giggle like a little girl. My kids better love this book or I will throw them out of the house. I know that it sounds dramatic and DL thinks that I yell at everybody that doesn't love the same thing I do which isn't true. Do I get angry? Yeah, I can't help it There are reasons why I love something so much and I just don't understand why you don't like it because I want so desperately for you to like it. So DL I don't want to hear it every single time I say I don't like something. It's called a flaw I can't help it, like Augustus is pretentious he simply can't help it and I can't help but love him for it. Also they didn't put the quote "Augustus Waters was a self-antagonizing bastard but we forgive him." Other than that it was a beautiful and wonderful move.
DFTBA
-AB
Comments
Post a Comment