The Everlasting Cry Face of VaughnDL: TFiOS Reaction
Because I'm sure you're all wondering, and because the title of this post totally gave it away, yes, I did cry. I didn't even start crying at the movie itself. I started crying when I looked over at AB next to me, and she was looking back, and she was crying. Because it made me think, like, it's so amazing how much we all care so incredibly about these characters who aren't even real people. How is that possible? Only humans can posses such 3-dimensional emotions like that, and that's unbelievable. The thing about me and crying is that even when I'm completely done bawling my eyes out, it'll look like I'm still crying for at least an hour afterward. My face stays blotchy and my lazy eye becomes really prominent and stays that way for HOURS and it's really annoying. So as I was standing outside the theater under the little roof thingy waiting for my Mom to come pick me up, I'm sure everyone walking past thought either "Wow, she just saw The Fault in Our Stars" or "Wow, she certainly has a bad case of pink eye. She should see a doctor." Surprisingly though, I only used one single tissue! That doesn't mean I didn't cry a lot, it just means I let most of my tears roll down my shirt into my bra. But I squeezed that one solitary tissue in my clammy palms until the tissue lotion became hand lotion, and the tissue started to feel less like a nose blowing towelette, and more like the thinnest, most fragile and delicate Egyptian cotton in the world. I still have it. It's on my bed next to my crumply ticket.
So with that, if you haven't seen TFiOS already, it's a must see, so I'm officially recommending it to you. If you haven't read the book, it's a must read, so I'm recommending that you read it as well, and any and all of John Green's other books too, because frankly, he's just a genius, and deserves all the love and praise he can get.
Goodnight everyone, I'm now looking forward to recounting the whole experience again in my diary, and then going to bed, only to wake up and have to function normally in society again tomorrow. ONLY 3 AND A HALF MORE DAYS OF SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-VaughnDL

Comments
Post a Comment