Summer Book List

     As DL said, school is OUT! I'm so excited and so happy and I can't really believe it. We're leaving for vacation tomorrow to spend a week at the Bay, and I'm so happy. The Bay is so beautiful and peaceful and I'll get to spend time with my aunt and uncle and grandparents. We don't usually go on vacation immediately after school lets out, but I'm glad we are this year. I was going to do a post about all of the things I want to do this summer, but instead I'm going to do a post of all of the books I want to read this summer.

1. All seven Harry Potter books. I've read 4-7 (I don't know why I started at number 4). This probably won't happen because I just won't have enough time, but I want to at least read 1-3.

2. Unravel Me. This is the second book in the Shatter Me series.

3. Prodigy and Champion. These are the second and third books in the Legend series.

4. Girls in Pants: The Third Summer of the Sisterhood. I've been saving this for summer and am looking forward to going back to the lives of Carmen, Tibby, Lena, and Bridget. I think I've mentioned it before, but these books are not what they seem. They may seem really shallow and stupid, but they're not; they're so good.

5. Unsouled. This is the third book in the Unwind series.

6. The Wednesday Wars. I picked this up in the clearance section of 2nd and Charles.

7. A Million Suns. This is the second book in the Across the Universe trilogy. I read the first one forever ago and didn't know it was a series until I saw A Million Suns at 2nd and Charles and loved the cover and then read the blurb saying it was the sequel.

8. The Year of Secret Assignments. This will be a reread. I found it at 2nd and Charles and decided to buy it.

9. Kira-Kira. I also found this at 2nd and Charles, and have heard good things about it.

10. The Maze Runner. I've heard this is good for a while, but haven't really wanted to read it until I saw the preview for the movie.

11. Son. This is the sequel to The Giver. I don't have this book, but hopefully I will be able to get it from my aunt or the library.

12. 19 Minutes. This was recommended by AB and my English teacher and it sounds interesting and compelling and I liked My Sister's Keeper, which is also by Jodi Picoult.

     In total, that's 19 books. Hey, how coincidental!
     I'll probably wind up adding to that list over the summer, but that's okay.
     I know I won't be able to read all of those books in three months, and I'm not going to set timelines or goals for finishing as many books as I can in as short amount of time as possible. I'm just going to pick up the next book I want to read and enjoy reading it. That's my kind of reading.
     Have a safe, adventurous, and happy summer!

Day 202 Song Recommendation: "Constellations" by Jack Johnson. How could I not start off the summer with a Jack Johnson song?
-SE Wagner


Comments

Popular Posts