Nothing Much

     My black bean "soup" (I will never call it just plain soup, because it really wasn't) was a surprising culinary success. Since I didn't eat it last night, I had it this afternoon for lunch. As I opened my thermos and looked in at my congealed, pureed black beans, I was a little concerned. Mostly I was afraid that it was going to be cold. But I took a bite anyway and it wasn't cold and it was actually really good! I have no idea how, but it was. It looked impeccably awful, closely resembling canned cat food (and maybe even smelling like it), but the hot pepper flakes added some spice, along with the salt and pepper, and the red peppers added some texture and flavor, and in the end, I wound up eating an entire can of black beans in one sitting. Don't worry, I will not be making a cookbook, but I may just eat my "soup" again.
     I was really happy that it looked as though I would have a day of staying strictly to 7, but then a couple minutes ago, my brother walked in a told me we were going out to eat tonight (my family eats out a lot...) and so there goes that. Oh well. What can you do? I'll try to find something 7-ish on the menu, but it's unlikely... we're going to a Japanese restaurant. Maybe they'll have lettuce...
     What's sitting on our kitchen counters: tortilla chips, a giant chocolate chip cookie, two bags of the World's Best Gummy Bears, and chocolate fudge. And I'm sitting here munching on peppers.
     So since tomorrow is graduation day, there's no school! Yay! My mom's been crazy busy trying to get the yard and house ready for my brother's party tomorrow. Like DL, I'm shirking 7 to enjoy the party. I think I may continue 7 for a little longer than a week just because I've been cheating so much.
     I'm sure no one cares about 7 as much as we talk about it here, so I'll try to not talk about it so much. 
     Except, happy news! We're not getting Japanese! My mom is picking up subs at Sheetz and I opted out! Happy day! (Not really. But kind of.)
     I'm sorry you're having a bad mood, DL. Some things to cheer you up:
I know how you love colorful houses.
It's a DONUT hat!!!

How could you not love him?


Day 195 Song Recommendation: "Take It or Leave It" by Cage the Elephant. The girl in the beginning of the video is from the movie "What's Eating Gilbert Grape".
     



Comments

Popular Posts