Lacking in Technique and Sucking at Math
"7" Day 9: Okay, can I just say that I absolutely LOVE Subway! It's basically the only place where you can order a wheat bread sub with nothing on it but oven roasted chicken breast, provolone cheese, and tomatoes and not be looked at like a weirdo because I'm sure people order stuff like that ALL THE TIME at Subway!!!!!! So I'm in love with Subway, and will continue this blissful love affair for the entirety of June because that dang sub was better than any bland-o homemade meal I could have scrounged up at home. So today was a great day for "7". Oh, and also, I forgot to pack my lunch, but the cafeteria was serving chicken patties and sliced oranges for lunch!!!! ♪ Miracles happen/ Once in a while! ♫
I feel like I had something that I really wanted to talk about today, but I can't remember it. Urg, I have two finals tomorrow, one for English and one for Math. The English one I'm not stressing about at all, it's more like I just am dreading it because I'll have to spend an hour pumping out an utterly pointless essay about something I don't care at all about. But the math final can make or break my A average, and that's really making me sweat. I've turned in all possible extra credit opportunities, retaken a big quiz that I failed and got a new score of 76%, and now I just have to take the final exam which is worth 100 points, and hope for the best. I think I'm pretty well prepared, and I mean a lot of it is multiple choice, which is really good, and time management has always been my strong point, so that's on my side at least. I JUST WANT A STUPID "A" AVERAGE, WHY DO I HAVE TO JUMP THROUGH SO MANY HOOPS TO DO THAT??? I'll tell you why, because math is fake. I seriously want to do my college thesis on why math is just a made up concept devised by petty humans to complicate our otherwise mundane existences. Because it is useless. I refuse to believe otherwise. Number sense, that's legit. Counting change, and knowing how to do accounting, and even, in some rare cases, using math for architecture. That stuff makes sense. But tangent lines and limits and matrices and this hilarious thing we believe in called "infinity". Yeah, that's all total bushwa. And my life right now revolves around me knowing how to accomplish this bushwa well enough to get a good grade in my math class. Pointless I tell you. Pointless. Well I'm going to stop now, because obviously, I have nothing useful to write about which resulted in me ranting for about the thousandth time on "math" and my beliefs about "math". So I'm gonna go. Enjoy this gif.
Movie Recommendation: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I've never been a huge Brad Pitt fan, but I did really enjoy this movie. :)
-VaughnDL
I feel like I had something that I really wanted to talk about today, but I can't remember it. Urg, I have two finals tomorrow, one for English and one for Math. The English one I'm not stressing about at all, it's more like I just am dreading it because I'll have to spend an hour pumping out an utterly pointless essay about something I don't care at all about. But the math final can make or break my A average, and that's really making me sweat. I've turned in all possible extra credit opportunities, retaken a big quiz that I failed and got a new score of 76%, and now I just have to take the final exam which is worth 100 points, and hope for the best. I think I'm pretty well prepared, and I mean a lot of it is multiple choice, which is really good, and time management has always been my strong point, so that's on my side at least. I JUST WANT A STUPID "A" AVERAGE, WHY DO I HAVE TO JUMP THROUGH SO MANY HOOPS TO DO THAT??? I'll tell you why, because math is fake. I seriously want to do my college thesis on why math is just a made up concept devised by petty humans to complicate our otherwise mundane existences. Because it is useless. I refuse to believe otherwise. Number sense, that's legit. Counting change, and knowing how to do accounting, and even, in some rare cases, using math for architecture. That stuff makes sense. But tangent lines and limits and matrices and this hilarious thing we believe in called "infinity". Yeah, that's all total bushwa. And my life right now revolves around me knowing how to accomplish this bushwa well enough to get a good grade in my math class. Pointless I tell you. Pointless. Well I'm going to stop now, because obviously, I have nothing useful to write about which resulted in me ranting for about the thousandth time on "math" and my beliefs about "math". So I'm gonna go. Enjoy this gif.
![]() |
| Ah Squidward, always lacking in technique. |
Movie Recommendation: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I've never been a huge Brad Pitt fan, but I did really enjoy this movie. :)
-VaughnDL


Comments
Post a Comment