7 Month 1 Day 11: You Are Not As Hungry As You Think You Are

Today was our last day of school and I cheated.
I am ashamed but i'm not beating myself for it. SE and DL have cheated once and I thought that it was okay for me to cheat on one meal. I did and it wasn't even that good. It was like my stomach got so used to eating the healthy food that it rejected the ones it used to like. Ketchup tasted way to salty and not like I used to remember in all it's fattening sweet glory. Beef, wasn't special. Chips, I don't even know why I missed them for so long. The lemonade however even though it was insanely watery it was still nice to have something somewhat sweet. It's not like I have a bunch of lemonade in my house though so I can't drink it anymore. Here is some of things that I have noticed about eating healthier and smaller portions...

  1. I have more energy, seriously. When I got home I used to be exhausted now I get tired later rather than earlier. 
  2. I did better in school, my grades were not terrible but they did go up. 
  3. I sleep better.
  4. I'm less stressed and happier. When I get stressed I eat. This is obviously not a good thing and I found that when I got even slightly stressed I wanted to eat. I can't just go outside at eight at night and grill chicken.
  5.  My period was way shorter and less painful.
After I ate what I did I thought about the kids who don't even get a meal in a day. I know that's typical and this is me trying to make people think but seriously it sort of makes me want to throw up that Americans and other people in developed countries are overweight and children in other countries are starving. Yet when we see a picture of a kid in third world country with their ribs piratically sticking out we feel bad but we keep on eating because there isn't anything we can do. Trust me I am not pointing a finger at anybody I have done the same thing countless times. I have been so blessed to not know what it's like to go to bed at night and know what it's like to be starving. Sadly I know that there are 66 million kids going to school hungry and that 3.1 million children are going to die simply because they don't get to eat. This makes me want to cry for me, SE and DL because we will not going hungry today, the next day or the day after that but yet somehow we will find a way to complain about food. It also makes me want to cry that there are so many anorexic people who have the ability to eat but don't because of our society.
66 million kids are going to school hungry and I can't even give up freaking beef or lemonade for a month. Now I feel really ridiculous for every time I complained about having to eat carrots. So the next time that you think you are 'starving' I want you to reconsider you're not starving you're just hungry and you will be okay. Because every time you've ever been hungry you've survived. Some people don't. Tonight I thank God for the seven foods that I do have to eat whenever I want also the water that is easy to access and is actually safe for me to drink.
I hope you do the same.
For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.
For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ -Matthew 25:35-40
DFTBA
-AB

Comments

Popular Posts