Excitement!

     You know what I've noticed? Writing is totally different depending on how and where you do it. Like today in English we had to write an essay for our final exam, and I wrote it very matter of factly, very researched sounding, all that school paper mumbo jumbo. And then I come on here to the blog and I actually talk the way I do in real life when I write! I think that's really cool. Does that mean that my writing for school isn't always honest? No, not necessarily (although truthfully, I do BS about 50% of my assignments), I guess it just means that on the blog I'm a lot more open and freeflowing. I mean, if I went back through my old posts, I could definitely edit them to sound more professional and well written, but eh, that's a lot less fun than just letting the words come pooping out of my keyboard and onto the screen.
     Okay, I totally just accidentally poked myself in the eye.
     So I'm going to make you an in depth list of all the stuff I am totally excited about right now:

1. The end of the school year.
     Guys, we have one and a half more days of school. ONE AND A HALF. That's ridiculous. You know what we are going to do for those last days???? Watch The Odyssey, which has some of the worst acting and graphics I've ever seen, play board games, sit around and talk, watch a boring-as-all-get-our documentary about penguins, and talk about grades. Oh, and do this lame-o field day thing that I won't participate in, because it's not my idea of a good time to do athletic activities in smoldering hot weather. So yeah, I am beyond excited about summer!

2. Chasing Life.
     Okay yes, ABC Family is my crack. Don't judge me. But tonight is the premier of an all new show, and I'm excited about it.

3. Month two of "7".
     Although month one is going pretty well, I am getting bored of not being able to eat what I want, especially since there are a ton of really yummy looking leftovers in the fridge from my brother's graduation party. If it were my choice, I would eat Subway sandwiches for the whole rest of this month. I feel like that would be the easiest way to survive this.

4. All the good movies that are coming out.
     The Giver, The Maze Runner, Magic in the Moonlight, that new Nicholas Sparks movie that's coming out that's basically exactly the same as all the other Nicholas Sparks stories? Yeah, I want to see them all.

5. Free time.
     With summertime comes actual time. I'm planning on getting a bunch of writing and reading done this summer, along with watching tons of movies to replenish my supply of recommendations. That's also when I'll update the recommendations page, cuz I know I've been very lax about it lately.

6. Vacation?
     I put a question mark, because like I mentioned a few days ago, my aunt and uncle's camper burnt down, and that's where we stay when we go on vacation, so there are a lot of variables that factor into whether or not I'll actually be going to the beach this year. I hope so because we didn't get to go last year, and I was really upset. But if we don't go to the beach, we might go to the mountain, which is almost better, because it's so beautiful there, and so quiet, and so secluded, and just like perfect in every way except the fact that there's no indoor plumbing. But hey, outhouses are cool too...I guess.

7. Everything that's going on in the Pemberly Digital world right now.
       Emma Approved is back from hiatus and better than ever, and The Lizzie Bennet Diaries has been publishing bonus videos these last few weeks, which is really exciting. Plus, The Secret Diary of  Lizzie Bennet  is coming out in print soon, and I want to buy it sooooo bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, that's all I have to say today. Enjoy your Tuesday.
                                                           -VaughnDL

Comments

Popular Posts