7 (Month 1: Food)...Thank God For Your Problems

I know that I have posted in forever and honestly there is no excuse other than work. It takes so much of my time. Along with school. Today is day 6 of month one and I am already crying. This morning I told myself to prepare because somewhere in the day there would be crying. I went to Walmart today and tried to avoid the food section the best that I could. I really don't even know why I went. I had to park in the Lowes parking lot afterward just to cry out my emotions. I read SE's post and that didn't help. I thought that since she cheated I had the divine right to cheat as well. Then I started to think about Jesus and I immediately felt guilty. Cheating is not hard, the feeling afterward is. I love Jesus but at the same time I love ketchup. I also love milk, chocolate etc. I will say the first time was worse than this. I feel more in control and know what to expect. Even though part of this experience has been hard and altering my energy and attitude I feel so incredibly close to God. I find myself thinking about him more and more. I feel his love more just because I am depending on him more than I would food to give me comfort. Hint, God is better. So for the record I didn't cheat but I am still hungry.
Here is one example of how God showed himself to me. Last week I was having a terrible day and I just asked God to show me the blessing in all of this. I came home from school and immediately went to work which I was almost late for. Nearing the end of my shift this guy came up around eight. He was so incredibly happy when he saw my co-worker Natalie. They talked for a while and all I could do was smile. You could tell that this man suffered from disabilities when I asked Natalie about him she said that they used to go to school together and around Christmas time he would personally make Christmas cards to everyone he had ever talked too. That was the blessing, life is not easy and often times we feel left alone and even though I have so much to be grateful for and I complain more to God rather than give him thanks. We need to smile more and look for the blessing in problems or difficult times.
I realizing something that I have already realized before. Food is put on a much to high pedestal in my life. When times get stressful I think a bag of chips will make the problems go away. This is has happened all year and i'm sick of it. In someways food was my counterfeit God. I know thanking God for your problems is crazy. The world tells us that when times get hard we should get angry, become irrational and take it out on the people who had wronged us. The bible tells us to thank God because when hard times come it's a time to come closer to our heavenly father. The bible also says that it is okay to cry, it is okay to become angry just don't let it linger because it won't do anything for you. I know that life is hard but it does come with a guide and that is the bible. My faith has been tested constantly rather that be by atheist or the devil himself. I often get asked the question of what I would do if at the end of my life I find out that God isn't real? I answer every time saying that if God is not real than he is the best lie I have ever lived. I see nothing wrong with believing in someone who loves and blesses people. What's wrong with that?
DFTBA
-AB

Comments

Popular Posts