2014 Summer Reading List

     Well, AB and SE both did posts about books they want to read this summer, and stuff they want to do over the summer break, and I thought that was a very good idea, so I'm gonna steal it and do it myself. Today I'll talk about my summer reading list, and tomorrow, I'll talk about my summer fun list.

 
Books to Read this Lovely, Lovely, Summer
 
 
1. The Maze Runner by James Dashner I saw the preview for the movie adaptation of this book, and it looked good, so hopefully I'll get a chance to read it this summer.
 
2. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell I've wanted to read this ever since AB mentioned it back in like, September of last year.
 
3. Eva by Peter Dickinson This book has been on my bookshelf, along with number 4 and 5 of this list for quite a while (along with like, twenty other books too) and I honestly do want to read it, and all the other books I have that I haven't read yet, but I just haven't had a chance yet!
 
4. The Bean Trees by Barbara Kinsolver This book, based on the back blurb, sounds like it might be somewhat similar to The Glass Castle, and since I liked that book, I think and hope I'll like this one.
 
5. Beneath My Mother's Feet by Amjed Qamar I have long had a fascination with books that take place in foreign countries, and I've read at least four books that take place in Pakistan. I don't know why I'm so intrigued by these books, but Beneath My Mother's Feet is no exception.
 
6. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd Our English teacher recommended this book to SE, AB, and me, saying that if we liked The Help we would like this book, so now I'm really interested in reading it.
 
7. The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet by Bernie Su and Kate Rorick EEEEEEEKKKKK I need to read this book so bad!!!! As soon as I see my Mom next, I'm going to persuade her to let me preorder it on Amazon, because I am in desperate need of reading it. 
 
 
Books to Re-read this Summer
 
 
1. Absolutely Normal Chaos by Sharon Creech I think I've mentioned this on the blog before, but I read this book every summer, and have done so ever since the summer after fifth grade. It's just such a happy, feel good story, with lots of twists and turns, and every time I read it, I pick up something different.
 
2. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden Obviously I've been thinking about this book a lot lately. I rewatched the movie last week, and now I really want to read the book again. I remember it being very good.
 
3. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Ann Brashares Yes, these are most certainly great books to read over the summer. As a teen with a small group of really close friends, I relate really well to these books. I, too, had always thought they seemed lame and cheesy, but after reading the whole series last summer, my opinion has changed 100%. This series is probably my favorite series ever. Even more than The Hunger Games and Anne of Green Gables.
 
4. Autumn Street by Lois Lowry I recently bought this book on Amazon because I remember reading it a lot when I was younger, and really loving it, so I'm anxious to see if it's as good as I remember.
 
5. Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen I read this book back in 6th or 7th grade, and it was really good. SE got me the movie version for my birthday, and I loved it. I bought this book on Amazon also, and I'll hopefully get a chance to read it over the summer.
 
6. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell I could probably read this book a million times and never get bored of it, so I really want to read it again, and preferably buy my own copy. I know they have some for sale at Second and Charles, but they're a little on the pricey side since this book is still relatively new. But hopefully I get to read and buy this book this summer.
 
     This is really only a small portion of the gargantuan list of books I want to read this summer, and because I'm not really the fastest reader, I probably won't get to read as much as I'd like this summer, but hopefully I at least get to read the books listed above!
 
Hey, this was quoted on my birthday last year!
Movie Recommendation: 16 Wishes. For a Disney Channel Original Movie, this one is surprisingly good. It was on this morning, so naturally I watched it for like the fifth time. It has Jean-Luc Bilodeau in it, and he's super cute and funny, so that's an added bonus.

 
                                               -VaughnDL
 
 
 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts