Sseko Sandals

     So at the back of 7 there's a list of "companies with a conscience" and so I checked out the websites and there was this one website, Come Together Trading Co., that sells Sseko sandals, which are these sandal bases that you can buy different ribbons for and tie them in a bunch of different ways (a picture is worth a thousand words).
     Anyway, the sandals are crafted from handmade leather made by women in Uganda and the profits help the women go to college. I thought it was a really cool sandal idea (I mean, it's like 40 sandals in one!) and a good cause, so I told my mom about it and she was like "That's really cool, you should get a pair" and then she decided to get a pair too and so now we have two pairs of Sseko sandals on the way with three pairs of ties. Mom got shiny silver ribbon so that she could wear them to my aunt's wedding in September and also brown ribbon. I got multicolored ones. The cool thing is that we can trade ribbons! Once I get the shoes I'll be able to do a review of them.
     On Amazon, they got 5 star reviews and someone even said they were the most comfortable sandals she's worn. The downside is that they are pretty expensive, and the bases come separately from the ribbon, but it's supporting a good cause. And shipping is free until May 31st! Check out the website here.

Day 184 Song Recommendation: "California Dreamin'" by The Mamas & the Papas.
-SE Wagner

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts