Firefly Festival

     Number one reason why I shouldn't listen to Pandora while trying to write an English essay: "Riptide" will be the first song to come on, and I'll immediately turn up the volume, forget about the essay, close my eyes, and start lip singing and dancing idiotically on my bed. I need a gif of this to truly show how ridiculous I must have looked.

     Anyway. Today I heard about this really amazing, awesome thing called the Firefly Festival. It's this giant, four day long music festival in Dover, Delaware, first started in 2012. My brother and some of his friends are thinking about going this June. I found out about it this morning, and I'm beyond jealous. If I could skip two years of my life and become a senior just so that I could go to the Firefly Festival this year, I would do it in a heartbeat. So many amazing bands are playing this year. I can't even.... What is air? (Never thought I would use that phrase, but it's the only appropriate way to express my feelings at the moment.) VANCE JOY IS GOING TO BE AT THE FIREFLY FESTIVAL THIS YEAR!!!! AND MY BROTHER MAY BE GOING INSTEAD OF ME!!!  MY BROTHER DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHO VANCE JOY IS! HE DOESN'T DESERVE TO GO!! I don't know how to put the unfairness of this into words. And it's not just Vance Joy. There's so many other great bands playing, por ejemplo: The Lumineers, Imagine Dragons, Jack Johnson, Iron & Wine, City & Colour, Weezer, Grouplove, Local Natives, the Mowgli's, Kodaline, Parade of Lights... And those are just some of the ones I know! There are so many more indie bands playing there that I've never heard of that I'm sure are awesome. Some of you may not understand why this is devistating for me not to be able to go, but please keep in mind that I am the MUSIC blogger. This is like, my thing. Sometimes I wonder if I'd be able to function properly without music. And I'm going to be missing out on seeing some of my favorite bands because my stupid brother gets to go instead of me. Not cool. I've never even been to a concert before. That's pathetic. Sixteen years old and never been to a concert. Please, someone have sympathy on me and send me a concert ticket in the mail. I'll go. As long as it's not country. 
The lineup for Firefly Festival 2014. 

Day 153 Song Recommendation: "We All" by Breach the Summit. This is one of the new bands that I'm going to be missing this year. I heard this song (and about the band) on the Firefly Festival website. 

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts