STOP IT! STOP IT NOW!
Today I'm going to talk about something I'm really passionate about: College emails. This may sound frivolous, but it is most certainly not. If you have ever experienced the utter horridness of college emails, then you can commiserate with me here. So here's a little note to all those colleges who send out bulk amounts of emails to EVERY SINGLE KID IN HIGH SCHOOL EVER: Being bombarded daily by the same impersonal messages a thousand bajillion times from a thousand bajillion different colleges who really don't care about me personally at all does NOT make me want to go to your college! There all like "Dear [insert high school kid's name here], we've been watching you! Your high school achievements are impressive and we want YOU for our college!"
No Random University #597, you don't want ME, you send this exact email to every kid in the United States! You don't care who reads it!
Am I the only one who thinks these messages are sooooo fake and annoying? Just cuz you somehow know my name and used it in your email to me to make it seem more personal doesn't mean that it is personal. I'd be much more interested in a college that doesn't pester me with endless emails that just give me false hope when I see that I have 12 new messages in my Inbox. I'm always like "Oh, SE must have sent me a bunch of emails!" and then not a single one of them is from an actual human being. That always feels good. Haha. I laugh, but it's not funny. College emails are teh spawn of Satan, designed to make me hate all universities. I mean seriously, you have to know, as a college, how irritating you're being! Urg, whatever. I just soooooo wish they would stop. I'm going to make my decision of what school to go ON MY OWN and not based at all on how fakely personal your email sounds. So there.
Movie Recommendation: I asked my brother for a movie recommendation for you just to change things up, and the movie he recommends is The Negotiator. When I asked him why, he said "Cuz it's my favorite movie". When I persisted, saying I required a real reason, he said "Cuz it's got action, and a good plot, and it's just the greatest." So there you go.
And we get to enjoy yet another offday!!!
-VaughnDL
No Random University #597, you don't want ME, you send this exact email to every kid in the United States! You don't care who reads it!
Am I the only one who thinks these messages are sooooo fake and annoying? Just cuz you somehow know my name and used it in your email to me to make it seem more personal doesn't mean that it is personal. I'd be much more interested in a college that doesn't pester me with endless emails that just give me false hope when I see that I have 12 new messages in my Inbox. I'm always like "Oh, SE must have sent me a bunch of emails!" and then not a single one of them is from an actual human being. That always feels good. Haha. I laugh, but it's not funny. College emails are teh spawn of Satan, designed to make me hate all universities. I mean seriously, you have to know, as a college, how irritating you're being! Urg, whatever. I just soooooo wish they would stop. I'm going to make my decision of what school to go ON MY OWN and not based at all on how fakely personal your email sounds. So there.
Movie Recommendation: I asked my brother for a movie recommendation for you just to change things up, and the movie he recommends is The Negotiator. When I asked him why, he said "Cuz it's my favorite movie". When I persisted, saying I required a real reason, he said "Cuz it's got action, and a good plot, and it's just the greatest." So there you go.
And we get to enjoy yet another offday!!!
-VaughnDL

Comments
Post a Comment