On Your Own
I really enjoyed reading AB's "25 Facts About Me Tag" and promise that I'll do it too, but it's kind of late, and I really want to read "Looking for Alaska", so I'll save my tag response for another day.
So today I sat in the car for three and a half hours, listening to my iPod and moving occasionally and was not bored in the least. Road trips are wonderful times to be an introvert. Why? Because you are free to curl up in your own head and just think. For hours on end, it is perfectly reasonable to have little to no social interaction. It is perfectly reasonable to not move or blink or do anything at all but just think and think and think. And occasionally doze off. I did that a lot. But yeah. It's nice to be able to entertain yourself with your own thoughts. Then you're never bored. I don't need to be surrounded by people to be happy or have fun. My brain is company enough for me most of the time. Of course, I love spending time with my family and my friends. Without them, life would be unbearably dull. But it's also nice that I don't feel lonely when I'm alone. I think that's a pretty huge gift. Not everybody can stand only their own company for three and half hours.
I have some photographs for you today. They're by Elena Shumilova, a Russian mother who loves to capture her family and farm life. Go to this link to see more of her beautiful photographs.
Day Fifty-Eight Song Recommendation: "On Your Side" by Pete Yorn.
-SE Wagner
So today I sat in the car for three and a half hours, listening to my iPod and moving occasionally and was not bored in the least. Road trips are wonderful times to be an introvert. Why? Because you are free to curl up in your own head and just think. For hours on end, it is perfectly reasonable to have little to no social interaction. It is perfectly reasonable to not move or blink or do anything at all but just think and think and think. And occasionally doze off. I did that a lot. But yeah. It's nice to be able to entertain yourself with your own thoughts. Then you're never bored. I don't need to be surrounded by people to be happy or have fun. My brain is company enough for me most of the time. Of course, I love spending time with my family and my friends. Without them, life would be unbearably dull. But it's also nice that I don't feel lonely when I'm alone. I think that's a pretty huge gift. Not everybody can stand only their own company for three and half hours.
I have some photographs for you today. They're by Elena Shumilova, a Russian mother who loves to capture her family and farm life. Go to this link to see more of her beautiful photographs.
Day Fifty-Eight Song Recommendation: "On Your Side" by Pete Yorn.
-SE Wagner

Comments
Post a Comment