25 Facts About Me (SE's Response)
1. I have a major sweet tooth.
2. I'm pale.
I'm sorry... I just don't. I mean, sure I'll pet your cat or dog or whatever, but as for my own animals, I don't spend much time with them.
When I was volunteering at the shelter a few years ago, I met a German shepherd mix named Scarlet. She is the epitome of the dog I'd love to have.
My dad was, but my mom came two months early. How weird would that have been? Having parents born on the exact same day, the exact same year, and having that day be Halloween??? Creepy. That fact wasn't really about me, I just thought it was interesting.
-SE Wagner
Ask DL. It's bad. But oh so delicious...
Like, really really really pale. I'm "white as a cotton ball" as my great-grandmother would say (in a Southern accent, if you can imagine that).
3. I can do an Elmo voice.
And I can change it just a bit to sound like Julia Child.
4. I'm shy.
But only around people I don't know. If I'm comfortable with you, I'll be really weird and loud.
5. Despite how much I love music, you will not find any country or rap music on my iPod.
I'm sorry, I just don't like it.
6. I don't like poetry that much.
Of course, there's a few poems I like, or a few lines from poems that are nice, but as a whole, you won't catch me picking up a poetry book for fun. Unless it's by DL.
7. For the longest time, I thought that "quote unquote" was one word and was pronounced like "quodundquo".
8. I like bright colors.
9. I'm a bit OCD about typos.
Not that I haven't made my fair share.
10. I don't particularly like pets.
| Old cameras are the best... to look at. |
11. Despite the aforementioned statement, I would like to get a German shepherd mix from the Humane Society once I have a job and my own house.
| Look at that! It's totally unreal! |
12. I am drawn to the Midwest and the desert.
Someday I'd like to live in Utah or New Mexico or Colorado or somewhere out there.
13. I'm a pretty bad singer.
I'm not a sing-in-the-shower type of girl. Might be due to the fact that my shower is approximately the size of a cubicle... Not the best audio. Don't think I would sing anyway, though.
14. I really like grits.
Most people thinks they're gross and flavorless. But mmh, with a little butter, salt, and pepper, cooked just right, they are yum, yum, yum.
15. I also love yogurt.
I eat it pretty much every day. Especially Greek yogurt. My dad and brother think it smells like sour milk. It can't help what it is...
16. I don't have one big fear.
When asked, "What is your greatest fear?", I don't know how to respond. I'm moderately afraid of a lot of things. Failure, drowning, being kidnapped, death, creepy things touching me under water...
17. I'm not a vegetarian, but I don't eat meat all that often.
I just don't like it that much.
18. I prefer lakes to oceans.
And yet the idea of the ocean is more appealing to me...
19. I want to be a teacher.
Like AB!
20. I'm the only one in my family that goes by my given name.
My mom goes by a nickname, my dad goes by his middle name shortened into a nickname, and my brother goes by his middle name. It's what happens when the males in your family have an obscure family name.
21. My mom and dad were both supposed to be born on Halloween.
| If this is what you think ballroom dancing lessons look like, you are deeply mistaken. |
22. In sixth grade, I was forced into taking ballroom dancing lessons by my grandmother.
I love you so much, Grandma, but it was mild torture. Only thing I remember is the box step. And that one of my brother's former friends told me I had cold hands. Mortification.
23. I love the smell of honeysuckle.
Mmh, mmh, mmh.
24. I love old cameras and looking at old family photographs.
Like DL!
25. I can't stand small talk.
Because I suck at it.
And that's all! Thank you AB and DL for all of the inspirational posts this long weekend! You guys are great.
Day Sixty Song Recommendation: "Yellow" by Coldplay. It just came on my Pandora, so why not? How can you not love this song?
-SE Wagner

Comments
Post a Comment