Goodbyes Have Been Said

Goodbye, Oviedo
Today is my last day in Oviedo. We had an end-of-the-semester snacks-and-wine in La Casa de Las Lenguas where I got to say goodbye to classmates and people from Temple and then afterwards I went out to get coffee with a few other Temple students at our favorite cafe. In the evening I met up with four other Temple friends and we walked around Oviedo, got a few last minute souvenirs and thank you gifts for our host families, I got a pastry and they got churros with chocolate and then we parted ways... The rainy, cold day seems fitting for our last day here, since that's typical Asturian weather. It felt weird to say goodbye to people, since it doesn't feel like goodbye for good, but for people I met in my classes and most of the Temple students that I didn't particularly bond with, this is pretty much it. I guess I don't feel sad because I don't have any regrets about my time here. I improved my Spanish, made friends, learned how to not be busy, ate a lot of delicious baked goods and gelato, drank many many cafes con leche, traveled, explored, learned some lessons, made a home-away-from-home, read some books, filled a whole journal with my musings and adventures, blogged more than usual, sat in parks on nice days just for the sake of sitting in parks and enjoying nice days, binge-watched The Good Place, became confident at navigating any form of public transportation solo, walked hundreds upon hundreds of miles and wore holes in the soles of my 4-month-old shoes. I feel happy, full, and at-peace. I'm ready to go back home, see the people I love more than all the chocolate, gummy candy, and gelato this world can offer, work hard, and enjoy the crazy, beautiful, chaotic, peaceful, unexpected life I've been given.

-SE Wagner






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts