25 Songs Question Tag

     Today I went to another home tennis match, this time with Cassandra and AP and it was fun and MF and DS won!!! It was also a beautiful day and it finally felt like spring again. 
     AB sent me this journal prompt which I have turned into a question tag. So thank you AB for the idea!

1. A song from your childhood.
"Landslide" by the Dixie Chicks. I know the lyrics all these years later because I probably heard that song a million times in elementary school. 
2. A song that reminds you of your most recent ex-boyfriend/girlfriend.
Haha, well, I don't have either of those, but the song "Running With Insanity" by the Alcoholic Faith Mission has always seemed like a breakup song to me: "Nice enough to know you/It's been really nice to need you/But I'm saving myself for someone else...I might be insane/But I'll leave you in this place." Hope I'm not that salty, but yeah...
3. A song that reminds you of one/both of your parents.
I actually have a good story for this one! So the day before spring break ended, my mom and I went out to the new pretzel-pizza place in downtown Hagerstown to get dinner and while we were eating the song "Breakdown" by Jack Johnson came on and my mom was like "I just love Jack Johnson." And then she told me about how my dad had bought Jack Johnson's "In Between Dreams" album right before they went on their tenth anniversary rafting trip and they were listening to it in the car and the song "Do You Remember" came on and it was the perfect anniversary song ("I was crazy about you then and now/The craziest thing of all/Over ten years have gone by/And you're still mine/We're locked in time/Let's rewind." Cute. So now that song reminds me of my parents. Oh and the song "White Flag" by Dido reminds me of my parents because one day it was playing and my mom thought the lyrics were "And I won't poke my eyes out and surrender" when it says "And I won't put my hands up and surrender" so my dad was making fun of her.
Science "FACT: One of the only activities that activates, stimulates & USES the ENTIRE brain is MUSIC." DdO:) MOST POPULAR RE-PINS - http://www.pinterest.com/DianaDeeOsborne/logic-math-music  - LOGIC MATH MUSIC Board. Treble clef & music staff - One of my former bass students is a math professor who's been part of scientific research  studies on brain's hippocampus - Medical imaging tests show literal brain growth when memorizing, playing music!  #DdO:) Google phrase: England taxi drivers brain:
Explains why I'm a genius, of course.
4. A song that calms you down.
"I Will Be Blessed" by Ben Howard. "Heaven is the place we know/Heaven is the arms that hold us/long before we go."
5. A song that is often stuck in your head.
Hmmmm...Oh! "Brother" by The Brilliance. I'll just break out into the chorus randomly when I'm around MF or DL ("When I look into the face of my enemy/I see my brother.")
6. A song that reminds you of your best friend.
"Eyes" by Rogue Wave. I remember DL saying something about the part where he sings "Have you seen this film? It reminds me of walking through the avenues" and how we both like "Eyes" and "Riptide" and they both have parts about seeing/recommending movies and we do that, so it's made to be. And "Mr. Sandman" by the Chordettes always reminds me of MF and Cape May.
Or you become like what you listen to...seriously, people don't seem to realize how much their music choice can affect and change them...and others around them.:
7. A song that reminds you of the past summer.
"Halcyon Birds" by Broken Back reminds me of having our picnic on the beach at Cape May and "Renegades" by X Ambassadors reminds me of going rafting because it was playing in the store when we were signing our release forms.
8. A song that reminds you of your "first love".
Ha. Um. I guess the song "First Time" by Vance Joy would be a good first love song. "It never cuts you quite as deep as that first time." Or "You Know Me" by Air Traffic Controller: "This could amount to nothing when it's all said and done...but if you can be proud of me/and proud of yourself cuz you got me/then darling you know, yeah we both know, you know me." Ooh, or if it's unrequited love we can go with "From Afar" by Vance Joy. I'm like a walking-talking song encyclopedia. This tag is great.
9. A song that makes you hopeful.
"Wiser" by Old Man Canyon makes me hopeful that one day I'll be sitting on my couch, gumming some Swedish Fish and sipping some chocolate almond milk, all old and gray and wrinkly, and I'll look back and realize that all of this led somewhere, and that all of it had a very specific purpose and that I wound up just where I was meant to be. ("When I'm wiser and grown taller/I will see your ways/And when I've come to the places I'm going/I will know your ways")
I'm liking this playing with unnatural acts and making less seem like more:
10. A song by your favorite band.
We'll say that Vance Joy is my favorite band and we'll say "Snaggletooth" by him. Can one person be a band? I mean, it's more than just him, but...yeah...
11. A song on the soundtrack of your favorite movie.
Because Everything Is Illuminated doesn't have any recognizable songs on its soundtrack, I'll go with Forrest Gump and say "Hound Dog" by Elvis Presley.
12. The last song you heard.
The last song I heard was "All I Want" by Kodaline but right now "Home" by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros is playing. 
13. A song that reminds you of a former friend.
"Buffalo Solider"! Emma made fun of me for having Bob Marley on my iPod and then we proceeded to belt out the whole chorus to "Buffalo Soldier" together.
14. A song that reminds you of your boyfriend/girlfriend.
OMG let it gooooo!!!! Jeeezzzzz. Just kidding. Let me make up another answer. Ummmm if I had a S.O. what song would remind me of them??? This question is so awkward. How about "Out of My League" by Fitz & the Tantrums? Or "Stand By Me" by Ben E. King is a nice song too...
15. A song you love singing along to.
"I Know" by Tom Odell. I discovered the other day in the car that if you're mad at someone you can overlay the chorus with "Bleep you, So-and-So" and it sounds really great. 
music:
16. A song that has made you cry.
I don't recall ever crying at a song...maybe a music video to a song...hmmm...Well the song "I Lived" by OneRepublic always makes me super nostalgic and if they play it at baccalaureate there's a fairly good chance I might get a bit misty eyed, so we'll just say that in the future "I Lived" made me cry.
17. A song that makes you want to dance.
"Take a Walk" by Passion Pit. Or "West Coast" by Coconut Records.
18. A song that you love but rarely listen to.
Every song I love. Specifically "Rahh!" by Pepa Knight.
19. The first song alphabetically on your iPod/iTunes.
"Abraham's Daughter" by Arcade Fire.
20. The last song alphabetically on your iPod/iTunes.
"5 Years Time" by Noah and the Whale.
.∙•✦ ᴘɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇsᴛ: @radVibess ✦•∙.:
21. Your favorite song.
Urghhhh I don't know. "Trojans" by Atlas Genius. It changes weekly, but we'll go with that this week.
22. A song that someone has sung to you.
The girl who sits beside me in Latin likes to serenade me (usually on a weekly or bi-weekly basis) and she usually sings "Sara Smile" by Panic! at the Disco. 
23. A song that you cannot stand to listen to.
I HATE "BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY" WITH A PASSION!!!! HATE IT!!!!! Do not sing it, do not play it, do not hum it!!!! Urg that song is so unnecessarily long and dumb and weird and obnoxious. 
24. A song that you have danced to with your best friend.
"Jai Ho"..."Hit the Quan"..."Bennie and the Jets"...I can go on...
25. A song that you could listen to all day without getting tired of.
I couldn't listen to any song all day long without getting positively sick of it, but we'll say "Your Hand in Mine" by Explosions in the Sky because it doesn't have any lyrics so maybe after a while it'd just become background noise.

     Wow, that took longer than expected. But it was fun, so thanks, AB. :)

Day 870 Song Recommendation: "Sleep on the Floor" by the Lumineers.
-SE Wagner

Comments

  1. A cheese grater is an essential tool for even the most minimalist of kitchens. While buying pre-grated cheese might save your some time. This powder that coats the cheese shreds can give a gritty mouth feel and prevents it from melting as smoothly as fresh cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation for the great post. Those who come to read your Information will find lots of helpful and informative tips. Subscriptions

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello

    Get cured from herpes just in 2 weeks..

    I am now free from Herpes.

    (The best herbal remedy)

    You can contact him …………….

    robinsonbuckler11{{gmail}} com,,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts