I Will Never Take Water For Granted Again


Right now I'm sitting outside with a very sore stomach. It feels like someone has punched me in my stomach and back again and again. This isn't exactly how I wanted to spend my spring break. As per usual my family and I are in Florida. Yesterday I got the stomach flu and it was violent. I should have guessed that it was coming. My mom had the stomach flu two days ago and two days before that I drank out of her water bottle. I started feeling sick yesterday and I tried to ignore it the best I could. I didn't tell anyone that I was feeling sick because I knew we would all just stay home. I convinced myself that I would be able to make it to the bookstore, back to the house and eventually throw up.

That's not what happened.

I was feeling nauseous the whole way to the bookstore. About five minutes into being in the bookstore I knew I wasn't going to make it. I walked quickly to the bathroom and proceeded to vomit into the trash can. There is nothing more humbling than throwing up in public. What makes it even better was that there was a man standing outside of the bathroom, on his phone. I have no doubt in my mind that he heard me which is great. I texted my grandmother and told her that we needed to leave. Luckily I made it back to the house before throwing up again. That was when my three hour vomiting episode started. I also had a fever that came and went throughout the night. After three hours I was dying of thirst. My mom told me that I shouldn't drink because I would throw up. I begged for water and ginger ale for about ten minutes. Then I googled how much water I should drink with the stomach flu. Google told me that I should drink less than an ounce every six minutes. To be safe I set a timer every fifteen minutes and took four sips of water. Luckily after three hours I stopped vomiting but I was still nauseous for the rest of the night and barely got any sleep. I was finally able to eat some bread this morning and I feel slightly better but I'm very weak and tired. That being said we probably won't leave the house until the end of vacation. This also means I won't be able to go the The Wizarding World of Harry Potter which for me was the highlight of the trip. I guess there is always next year. 

I'll probably stay outside as long as possible before I have to go back to bed. I'm either going to try to read or I'll fall asleep in this chair. I'm probably going to fall asleep. I'll try to write a better post about the trip later.

DFTBA
-AB

Comments

Popular Posts