Quotable

That's essentially what a good book is: something that speaks directly to your soul,
something that makes you think, "yes, that's the feeling I could never describe, perfectly
described."



Charge forward
Mmmhmmm amen sister, stop thinking so much and just
go for it!! EVERYTHING is more terrifying when you let
yourself play out every scenario in your head. Give it to God and
know that there's nothing you can't endure (except the last thing).
Even the worst of the worst. And most things are not that bad at all.


I actually took myself on a date this past summer...me myself and I
spent the afternoon at Greenbrier, soaking up the sun and the sound of
whiny children while I read a rom com book AB gave me, listened to
music, and journaled. I drove home with the windows down. It was more
relaxing and peaceful than any "real" date would've been and I didn't
have to try to hide the fact that I was incredibly sweaty and probably smelled
bad too. I buy 100% into the idea that the longer you wait to date or marry, the more
likely it is you'll be with the person you're really meant to spend the rest of your life with
because you'll have had a good portion of your life to get to know yourself and you won't
settle for less than everything you know you want and deserve and because you're secure in
yourself you can give freely to the other person, not expecting them to fill up all the empty or
half-full parts of you.


Drawings - Charlie Mackesy
This is beautiful. So few words, but the message is so clear. Church is a community
not a building, worship is a soul thing not a "when the music's right" thing, our bodies
are made to honor God and He is more pleased by his tiny little creations than their
grand temples of stained glass and statues and "holiness".


Don't wait to have your shizzle together to be a bright
 light in someone's life. My favorite people are the ones
who are real and human and go through hard things and aren't
always happy but they're always open and honest and kind and
they can laugh (and cry) through the hard parts.


This hits me so hard all the time. I am exactly where I dreamed I would be
10 years ago and I still want more and think I'm not enough. When will it and I
be enough? I think when I begin to consciously count my blessings every day
and realize how stinking blessed I am and that no, maybe I don't have a husband or a
house or 2.5 kids but dang, I don't even want that right now! Good things will come
in time and this time in my life is really sweet and I should enjoy it for all it is.


boom.
Snaps all around. A long time ago I actually
defined womanhood exactly that way, less eloquently, of course,
but the sentiment was the same: the difference between a girl
and a woman is that a girl seeks validation from all these outside
sources, unsure of who she is and seeking affection and attention from
the world; whereas a woman knows exactly who she is and stands firm in
that and requires no validation from the world. It all comes from knowing
who she is as a person, where her identity resides. And it is not external.
I'm still climbing the ladder from girlhood to womanhood, but I feel like
I'm closer than I've ever been.


Mmh I want to print this out and put it on my wall. Everyone
needs a physical space that does this, as well as a person who can do the
same. That's what a soulmate is. And that's what God is. Human, soul, love.


-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts