Apartment Tour!!

     Just hours after I posted "Moving: the good, the bad & the ugly", maintenance came out (as I was coming out of the bathroom with a turban wrapped around my head) and fixed the A.C. I was wrong about them, as I'm wrong about most people. They weren't being malicious and avoiding us; they're just very busy guys who had other things to handle. And bless their souls they got our AC working again. I could've jumped for joy and hugged them, even though they were drenched in sweat and smelled like cigarettes.
     Two weeks later...
     Since the maintenance guys fixed the A.C. I've put in three other maintenance requests, including broken washers that leak water onto the basement floor, shattered glass shelves, and water dripping from the ceiling in my bedroom and the living room after a hard rain...I'm telling you this not to sound ungrateful but to be real and honest about what it's like to live "alone" (as in, without parents) in an apartment. Sometimes it's not too fun at all. You don't get to just complain to mommy or daddy when something goes wrong; you have to handle it yourself (/call maintenance to fix it and then wait patiently for the inevitably week it will take them to actually attend to your issue). Sometimes it's easy to get wrapped up in all the little issues and things that keep falling apart and needing to be fixed and forget to be grateful. So many people don't have a pillow to lay their heads on at night and I have an air conditioned, two bedroom, two bathroom apartment with a full kitchen and living space, a refrigerator full of food, hot, running water, and everything I could possibly want. I don't have room to be "woe is me" because truth be told, even with no A.C., a flooded basement, shattered shelves, and leaky ceilings I am still one lucky, blessed, fortunate girl and I shouldn't let myself forget that for even a second.
     So without further ado here is a little apartment tour for your viewing pleasure...
Plant courtesy of Home Depot. Night stand
courtesy of IKEA and my wonderful handy
man skills.

Twinkly lights make everything better.

Scratch off map courtesy MF (I've hung it up in every place I've lived at college
since freshman year!)

String lights with elephants and clothespins courtesy MF (also had
and hung up everywhere since freshman year), Polaroid cards
courtesy DL.

Laying out my "gallery wall"

Pre-gallery wall

Gallery wall boundaries (aka lots of painters tape). I had no idea how to do
this so I made it up as I went.

Completed gallery wall! It's not perfect, but I like it a lot


Bedroom finally feeling cozy and mostly completed

My desk. Bougie mirror: Dollar Tree.
Himalayan salt rock lamp: my grandma.

Desk + scarf wall hanging

I took the picture, my mama made the pot (the vase fell off my
bookshelf in my freshman year dorm and broke in half but you
can't even tell!)


View from my bedroom...this gives you a sense of how small
the apartment is, but it's the perfect size for the two of us.



My bathroom. 

Shower curtain from IKEA

Adorable wall sticker map from DL (via Dollar Tree!)

Wall art and table from TJ's old apartment



Living room. Blanket knitted by my grandma! Artwork from Target, plant
from Home Depot, furniture & rug from IKEA. 

Kitchen...all of the appliances actually work! It's a miracle.


More angles!

TJ is tasteful but minimalist

A little spice of humor in TJ's room

This is the most beautiful apartment I've ever seen-AB
Thanks girl <3 I need to actually finish this post--SE


And that is all for today.

-SE Wagner





Comments

Popular Posts