June 2018 Wrap Up

1. From Twinkle, with Love, Sandhya Menon, 4.5/5


"Dear Twinkle Mehra of the future, Hold onto this moment. You'll want to remember how you feel. You'll want to remember every tiny detail."

Aspiring filmmaker and wallflower Twinkle Mehra has stories she wants to tell and universes she wants to explore, if only the world would listen. So when fellow film geek Sahil Roy approaches her to direct a movie for the upcoming Summer Festival, Twinkle is all over it. The chance to publicly showcase her voice as a director? Dream come true. The fact that it gets her closer to her longtime crush, Neil Roy—a.k.a. Sahil’s twin brother? Dream come true x 2.
When mystery man “N” begins emailing her, Twinkle is sure it’s Neil, finally ready to begin their happily-ever-after. The only slightly inconvenient problem is that, in the course of movie-making, she’s fallen madly in love with the irresistibly adorkable Sahil.
Twinkle soon realizes that resistance is futile: The romance she’s got is not the one she’s scripted. But will it be enough?

This book is beyond adorable. I have a feeling that Sandhya Menon's books will never disappoint me. I was a little doubtful in the beginning of the book. I knew that it was going to be hard to top When Dimple Met Rishi. I related more to Dimple, personality wise. Dimple was also a college student so it was easier for me to understand and relate to her. Twinkle is in high school, sixteen and more outspoken. I might have been able to understand her perspective more if I was still in high school. There were decisions she made that were somewhat annoying. As the book went on though I began to like her more and more. When Dimple Met Rishi was a book that made me smile like an idiot. I also smiled like an idiot throughout most of this book. Sandhya Menon has a way of making teenage romance seem romantic but also realistic. She also has some of the best book endings I've ever read. I can't wait to read her next book.

DFTBA
-AB





Comments

Popular Posts