Spring Semester 2018

A part of me cannot believe that the spring semester is over. It's been over for about two weeks and I still think I'm going to school. This was my last semester and I'll be transferring in the fall. This semester could not have been better. My last spring semester was not as great a it's nice to be able to reflect back. It's also wonderful that my last semester was my best semester. I've finally figured out my major and I loved my classes and the people in them. I'm so grateful that I ended this part of my life on a positive note. The other day I was going through my pictures and it made happy. It showed me how much things can change in only a year. Not all of it has been good but most of it has. I've taken a lot of pictures since the beginning of the semester and I wanted to be able to share.


January 15, 2018

This was a picture I took the morning after having a panic attack. The picture looks a lot better in person and it's one of my favorites. To me it perfectly encapsulates the sadness of having a panic attack but it also shows that there's always another day.


January 19, 2018

This is definitely another favorite. I was thinking back to our senior year and how we were all able to get together for birthdays. We knew that we wouldn't be able to do that next year. Then I got sad but decided to make the best of it. Swag's birthday was the day before but I didn't care. My grandmother had made us cake and we still had some left. I took 20 candles and put them on a small piece of cake and lit them all. A little bit of wax got on the cake but it was fine. I made a little video for Swag and sang Happy Birthday while Colt stared at a cake he wasn't going to eat. It was also a great excuse to eat cake. 




February 9, 2018

 This was the day that Leah gave me the best pin ever. We had just gotten back to my house after hanging out and she had an extra pin. When I showed her my backpack she just laughed. I'm sure my kids will see this picture one day and roll their eyes. I'm honestly surprised that no one has said anything to me about them. I've also added more pins since then.


February 12, 2018

I am going to miss this.
I am going to miss putting Colt in my car to go for a drive. My mom needed to take Ellie to the vet so we met up at a busy Sheetz. Ellie got out of the car and started running away. I had to hold back Colt who is about 115 pounds while my mom tried to get Ellie. It was probably hilarious to watch.



February 19, 2018

This was the day that I knew I wanted to go to Salisbury. Over the summer my family and I had gone to tour and I loved it. It was nine days earlier that I had gotten an acceptance letter. We went down again to talk to an counselor and I still loved it. It was a little scary because it was all becoming really real. About a month later I got an acceptance letter from another school that was closer to home. I had the flu at the time and I was filled with anxiety. I didn't know if I should go to a school that was closer to everything I knew or move hours away. I obviously chose to move hours away and I think that was the best decision for me. I took this picture as we were leaving the school. I literally made my parents stop the car so that I could get out to take the picture...it was worth it.


March 3 & 4, 2018

This was when we made it to Georgia on the roadtrip. My brother went out to eat with a friend and my mom and I went to the boardwalk which was gorgeous. I felt okay to enough to go and it was wonderful. We made it at the perfect time because the sun was setting. I had my giant camera with me and a guy came up to me and asked if I was a professional photographer. I probably had a stupid grin on my face when I told him that it was just a hobby. It was one of the highlights of the trip. The next day I was still sick with the flu and exhausted but we had to make it to Florida. I took a six hour nap when we got to the house and that was one of the best naps I've ever taken.


March 7, 2018

This was the day that we went to the Kennedy Space Center. It's a really cool place but it wasn't the most interesting for us. I hate saying that but it's true. It is a great place to take pictures though. 



March 8, 2018

I clearly did not take enough pictures at Disney. It's getting to the point where I'm the only person who wants to stay there all day. We then had to jam pack as many rides as we could into the small amount of time that we were there. I ended off going on my own and doing what I wanted. I didn't think that I would like it but I did. I would definitely go to Disney by myself one day. It was nice to be able to do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. I did end up getting a vanilla chai at the end of the day which was perfection. I wish I could get it everyday.


March 10, 2018

Leaving Florida was really difficult this year. Normally, I'm ready to leave by the end of the week, but I wasn't. We were supposed to leave the next day but my family wanted to leave a day early. I was so overcome with emotions that I started to cry and I couldn't stop. Florida and the lake are my escape places and I'm very grateful to have them. Maybe it was because I had to pick a college and things were happening in my personal life that I didn't want to think about. I probably cried the first hour and a half of the drive. 



March 24, 2018

March for Our Lives was definitely a highlight for the year. It was the first march that I had been able to go to and I was so glad that I did. I could not believe how many people were actually there. It was a day that I don't think I'm ever going to forget.




April 8, 2018

Leah and I made an impromptu trip to DC for the Cherry Blossom Festival. When I told her that I wanted to go to the water she thought that I meant something else. We ended up on the boardwalk which was cold but just as fun. There was overpriced restaurants, yachts and swings. We could only get on the swings and eat at Shake Shack. We also had to fight for those swings because everyone wanted to use them. 



April 16, 2018

We had to do a project on a issue that we cared about for my Social Work with Groups class. We were all divided into groups and we had a mother who wanted to do LGBT Teen Suicide. I couldn't have asked for a better group. Mary, the one in the picture asked me so many questions about being gay. I was surprised because people don't really ask questions. Most of the time people are scared that they're going to say something offensive. I never got mad though and I was glad that she was curious and wanted to be more informed. We decided that we wanted to do an information table and we were there all day. It was interesting to meet so many people who cared. We also didn't know if people were avoiding the table because they didn't want to come up or they didn't agree with the topic. Overall, It was really great.


April 19, 2018

This was our last day of class before finals. I also feel the need to explain Wyatt's shirt. In the beginning of the semester Wyatt wore a suit that was from the 70s. I told him that he should have wore a turtleneck and he would have looked like a professor. He said that if we got him a turtleneck he would wear it. Unfortunately, we never found a turtleneck for him. Alexis did end up finding a shirt that said, "Y'all need Jesus". This is perfect for Wyatt because he wants to become a pastor and we all thought the shirt was hilarious.


April 24, 2018

This was the day of our final project. I think that we were the most prepared and therefore we were the best. I think it was obvious that we cared about our topic and each other. Group projects normally suck and I've been fortunate with every group I've had. I'm sure that will change in the future but I'm really glad that I had this.


April 26, 2018

This was our last day of school. We had just taken our last final and I asked Wyatt and Alexis for one last picture. We also walked around the building one last time which was emotional. We tried to say goodbye to our professor but she wasn't in her office. After walking around the building, we left and Wyatt was sliding down the railings. I asked him to do it again and I'm so glad that I did because I love the last picture. It was the perfect way to end the semester.


I can't wait to see what the next semester is like.

DFTBA
-AB

Comments

  1. Words can't express how much I loved this post <3. Please teach me how to take good Polaroids. These are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts