A Year in the Life of a College Sophomore: Snapchat Photo Gallery

At the end of the school year last year, I made a post chronicling my freshman year of college entirely in Snapchat pictures. I thought I'd make this a little tradition of mine and do the same now that this year is coming to a close. I can't believe I'm halfway done my college career. I can't say I'm sad about it. In fact, the sooner I'm done, the better, in my opinion. But that's not to say I haven't made some amazing friends and memories-- so I'd like to share some of those with you!


Fall Semester 2017

I am so thankful that I was able to have a car on campus this year...that
being said, it definitely came with its fair share of annoyances. 

Maddie and I both started our own radio shows this year which was super fun! 

Having a car meant getting off campus more and discovering cool
places like Midtown Scholar Book Store-- which I then of course had to share
with my mom! 

Oh classic college dining-- messing up orders since the beginning of time! 

Hands down the most exciting part of my sophomore year of college was the
marriage of my brother and sister in law back in October!!!

Of course on the eve of his marriage, my brother and I had to spend a couple
hours scrolling through memes together

Me with my good boy Blitzen!

Seeing Get Out (my first horror movie) with Marina back in the fall

Celebrating the 20th birthday of my roomie! 

They put me in charge of floor managing on live TV...and I must have done a good job
because that became my permanent job for the rest of the semester!

Over Christmas break, I got to hang out with my Dad at the Hagerstown Donut Drop
despite the bitter cold and having to pee the entire time. 




J-Term and Spring Semester



Over J-term I was so excited to learn that my friend Zoe who was taking
the same class as me loved Kdrama as much as me! We started swapping show
recommendations and the rest is history. This is a favorite quote from "Oh My Ghost" 

Maddie and I seem to take on the big cities together. Last year it was Chicago, this year it was
Philadelphia (to see BORNS in concert) and later, NYC. What's next? 

There are some of the best thrift shops ever near my college. Sometimes the clothes
you find at thrift stores is super confusing though...

This was the year of plants. Rachel and I formed a hardcore plant obsession, amassing
almost twenty plants. On the downside, we would knock them on the floor
on a regular basis. 

Times Square baby!!! Now every time I watch a movie that takes place in NYC,
I see things a little differently than I did before. 

Pretty much the best sushi I've ever had. Thanks New York!

Having a car on campus means going home for sleepovers with bffs from home. 

It also means coming back to things like this LOL

Winter FINALLY ended and the days got really beautiful. 

Mom and dad came up for the weekend and we went to Bass Pro Shops, where
I couldn't help myself but move around the display a little bit to make
the raccoon into a chef. 

Rachel's and my favorite place near campus is Ashcombe Farm and Greenhouse, and now
that it's spring, they have BUNNIESSSS!!!!!!



Pictures might be worth a thousand words, but videos are worth even more! Here's a little compilation of some videos I took on Snapchat throughout the year too. 




I feel like the pictures I took on Snapchat last year were a little more representative of the college experience while these are a bit more random. But that's probably because last year college was so fresh and everything was new, and this year I'm more settled into the college lifestyle, so a lot of the pictures and videos I had were actually taken at home (which is where I tend to want to be). I didn't include as many family/home oriented pictures and videos because they don't necessarily scream "college sophomore year!" but when I think about it, it really was home and family that defined this year of college for me. Being away from home has really just helped me to realize how much I love my home. That's the biggest thing I've learned this year. And that's why I'm so excited for Friday, when I get to finally go home to my family and friends!!!! Yahoo!!!

VaughnDL

Comments

Popular Posts