YouTube Recommendation: CurlyPenny

Wow, I haven't done a YouTube recommendation since literally May of last year...that's crazy, because I have lots of favorites. I'm a slacker. You can find my last Youtube Rec (Annika Victoria) here, but today we'll be talking about someone totally different: CurlyPenny!

What?
Image result for curly penny     So back when I got my perm, so many moons ago (about 8 months ago...wow...) I started searching for YouTube videos about how to take care of my hair because I wanted it to last as long as possible (or so I thought at the time...and boy has it lasted...now I kinda want rid of it, if you couldn't tell from my tone). I watched a bunch of different YouTubers, but the one that caught my attention the most for several reasons was CurlyPenny, a girl named Peniel who is about my age and makes curly hair tutorials and hacks and product reviews, among other things.

Why?
     What probably first attracted me to her channel was just the fact that she had the longest, most gorgeous, healthy-looking curly hair on the planet!! And she was soooo pretty! Then once I watched the first video of hers, I was like "wow, this chick is seriously funny and down to earth!" I immediately just felt like we would be friends in real life if we knew each other. She also gave some really helpful tips for curly hair, which I took to heart (for a while at least...until I started to give up). But the good news was that even after I gave up on pampering my hair to the best of my ability, I just kept watching her videos because they were so addicting! Obviously at first I watched mostly her hair related videos. But then I started searching around in her old videos and realized she has way more than just that! So I started watching some of her "rant" videos and her Q&As and skit videos, and fell in love with them all.

Image result for curly penny
When?
     Penny uploads new videos every Saturday, and she's currently active! Yahoo!


Where?
     You can subscribe to CurlyPenny on YouTube here.
     You can check out her awesome hand-designed shirts here! (She and her younger sister made them together).
     Instagram handle: itscurlypenny
     (COOL FUN FACT! I just discovered that Annika Victoria follows CurlyPenny on Instagram!! How cool is that??)
   
   
Which ones?
     Well, since I can't say all of them, I'll just choose a few. I'll only pick like one hair related one, because honestly at this point, I care more about her as a person than as someone who knows a lot about curly hair, so I find her lifestyle and Q&A videos to be the best ones anyway.

Hair Care:
Honestly, these are some seriously great tips for anyone's hair, not just curly hair. I'll be taking some of these to heart as I try to restore my hair to its original state whilst my perm grows out.

Peniel and Martin (and Q&As):
Penny and her husband Martin are literally everything I hope for in a relationship/marriage. They're so cute together and started out as best friends, and are just so down to earth and adorable it's infectious to watch. AND THEIR WEDDING VIDEO? Um, yes, I did shed a legitimate tear, #sorrynotsorry.





Random:
She's just such a cool person, I could watch her all day.


So there you have it y'all. Go check her out! She's so entertaining, I promise!

-VaughnDL

Comments

  1. She's truly amazing...love her videos, sense of style and her not-from-this-world hair.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts