Desk Re-Organization!

Yesterday, Rachel and I were determined to buy some succulents for our dorm. We just felt like we needed something to brighten up the space and improve our overall mood. We discovered a nearby place that sells a huge selection of plants and succulents, so we drove there, squealed incessantly over the immense amount of adorable plants, bought some, went to Dollar Tree to get containers to stick them in, and then came home and potted our new little friends. After that, I was feeling inspired to do a little rearranging of my desk area. I love the way it was, but I wanted to de-clutter the space, and display some cool things I've collected over the past semester that hadn't been getting any love-- anytime I get a new piece of mail or find a cool new object, instead of actually displaying it somewhere so people can see, I just kind of shove it in a box or a drawer! Why do I do that? I don't know, but I wanted to break the habit last night. After about an hour I reached a finished project: a cute, revamped little study area that was totally my style. I took pictures to share because I think it's just the cutest little space ever!

Before: 

So this is what my desk looked like originally when I set it up at the very beginning of the year. It was cute on its own, sure, but just picture that space with lots of other random junk accumulated on top of it...that's what I was dealing with after a full semester. 

Rachel took this picture while we were potting our cute new succulents! 

After: 


Here's the whole space after some redecorating and organization! All those postcards on the wall are from different people all around the world! 


You'll also notice that my laptop is now stickerless! I took off all the stickers right before Christmas break because they were looking as cluttered as my mind was feeling. 




A few close ups of the succulents. 






So there you have it. My new space! Now that I'm looking at the pictures, it kind of doesn't look a whole lot different from before...it's almost like the desk clutter just migrated onto the wall, but I love a cluttered looking wall because then I can see all my treasures hung up in front of me! So I'm very pleased and it was super fun to redo some decorating. 

VaughnDL 

Comments

Popular Posts