Some Things I Did in September

     I am ashamed to say that this is only my third post for the month of September. And tomorrow is October...This month has been pretty crazy. September always is. School gets back in full swing, clubs and organizations start meeting, weekends get busy, etc. etc. But that's no excuse for neglecting this beautiful blog for so long!!! So here are a few things that have been happening with me:
  • I went to the beach with the Newman Center for a day! It was a lot of fun, minus the part where a group of people got caught in a riptide and pushed up into some rocks, resulting in some nasty scrapes and bruises. We played volleyball and I even hit the ball over the net twice because I'm a pro. 

  • My skin staged a full-scale revolt against me and is currently breaking out wherever possible. This is a classic case of "college acne". I've had acne for a decade now and it's an observable fact that when I go back to college after being at home for an extended period of time, my skin freaks out and starts cropping up little pink pustules everywhere. You are welcome for the TMI.
(picture not included, you're welcome)
  • I've baked a lot: Nutella cookies, chocolate chip cookies, brownies, funfetti cupcakes, various forms of no-bake oatmeal balls, and even a sad attempt at a vegan cookie (a girl in my bible study is vegan).
  • I've learned that I'm actually a good enough cook that I have not yet starved.
<insert sad picture of Ramen and beans> But seriously, this was the
first time I ate Ramen all year! I have a vast repertoire of PBJs,
grilled cheese, quesadillas, beans, pasta, beans, sweet potatoes,
beans, rice, eggs, beans....
  • I discovered my new favorite ice cream flavor at Fresh Grocer: Turkey Hill Double Dunker ("mocha ice cream swirled with chewy cookie dough and crunchy chocolate cookie swirl" (aka Oreo)...literally everything you could want in a scoop of ice cream, minus peanut butter...and caramel.
Image result for double dunker turkey hill
  • I got BOGO soft serve at a new ice cream place in Chinatown with Melissa, Cassandra, and our from high school, JT.
Image may contain: food
Not my photo, but Melissa got this flavor (charcoal vanilla)
and it stained her mouth and teeth black...it looked awful.
  • I was awoken at 4:30 am by the fire alarm going off in my dorm and had to evacuate the building, likely because someone left their middle-of-the-night popcorn in the microwave too long. Three hours later, as I was getting ready to go to above mentioned beach retreat, I cut.my finger on an ice cube and fell down the stairs.
<although I do have a picture of my bloody thumb, I am not including it. Again, you're welcome>
  • I am reunited with my house!! And we now have a porch!

     Well, I successfully made half of everything that's happened to me this month have to do with food, which just shows how sad and boring my life is....Have a wonderful fall day!

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts