First Week of Sophomore Year

     I forgot just how exhausting going back to school is. I'm not used to having to get up and go places and walk all over creation and up and down flights of stairs all day. I could definitely use a nap.
     Move-in went well and now for the first time in my life I am living alone in my little dorm apartment! At first I was disturbed by how quiet it is in here but now I love it. I've even done some cooking! Okay, "cooking" is a strong word, but I've made a couple smoothies, hard boiled some eggs, microwaved leftovers, and baked a sweet potato. Oh, and made lots of overnight oats.
     So far I like all of my classes, although the three English classes I have are reaffirming my notions of English majors as pretentious and overly-individualistic. If I hear another person talk about how interesting it is to juxtapose the words "gauze" and "gaze"--which are the same word minus the "diphthong" (honestly, who actually uses the word diphthong????)--my eyeballs might just get permanently stuck in my skull. Otherwise though, everything is going pretty hunky dory for now. It's always hard to judge a semester by the first week of classes though. And I still haven't had my sixth class--Professional Development for Liberal Arts Majors--which is essentially a required class for people who major in useless "humanities" things like basket weaving and then wonder why they can't get a decent-paying job. The rest of us CLA majors who actually do have a career plan have to suffer because of the basket weavers. So I'm not exactly overly enthused by the idea of spending a semester creating Linked-In profiles and conducting mock interviews, but as long as the work load is kept to a minimum, I think I'll survive.
     For now though, you can enjoy some pictures of my dorm room:


Room during move-in

Kitchen

I haven't had a fridge that's magnetic in so long!

My desk

Kitchen table
Dresser/bedside table. Map of Philly below world map :)


Bed...exactly the same as last year.

     So there you have it...a now it's my bed time.

-SE Wagner




Comments

Popular Posts