It's Been a Week

     I'm blogging from a location I've never blogged from before! It's weird though, because I'm lying on the same bed I've blogged from a hundred times before so even though I'm in a new house it doesn't feel particularly spectacular. I guess that's good though. It's weird how once you start putting all of your possessions in place, anywhere can feel like home pretty quickly.
     It's been a heck of a week, let me tell you. We spent all day on Tuesday moving in, and even then the movers couldn't fit all of our crap in their van so one of the guys had to come back Wednesday morning with a smaller van and load up the rest of the stuff. We spent all day Wednesday unpacking and all day Thursday cleaning the old house. Today I got up at 4:50 am, drove to my aunt's house (which is now only 10 minutes away!) and she drove me to her office, where I worked until 6 pm, at which point my uncle (who'd been doing IT stuff at her office and my aunt was also doing surgery on him, lol) drove me back to their house because my aunt was going to be staying for "another 45 minutes" which really means several hours. I honestly have no idea how she does it. Despite the hours, I actually love working Fridays, because I get to just hang out back in the lab, working on whatever remedial task I've been assigned while talking to my cousin. We had to cut up these sterile gauze strips and put them in little envelopes and I had to put on these really tight latex gloves before touching the gauze and they WOULD NOT go on my one hand, so I was just squirming my hand around in this ridiculously tight, stretchy glove and my cousin and I were cracking up laughing and I was crying from laughing so hard, which made it hard to put on the glove and I couldn't even wipe my eyes because I was supposed to be sterile. Eventually I got it on, and then it took a ridiculously long time to cut up these stupid little strips of gauze. We also had to cut up this gold mesh-y stuff that was basically like trying to cut little microscopic fish scales. I'm sure someone more experienced could've done the whole thing in about a fraction of the time, but it took two of us probably close to half an hour just to do this simple task. Honestly, I'm not even good at my job (whatever my job even is), but it's okay.
     I feel like I should probably be tired but that coffee from 6:30 am seems to be holding me strong...yeah, probably not the coffee. I don't know why I'm not dead. In other news though, there's been a hitch in the selling process of our house, which means that instead of selling our house next Wednesday, it could be three weeks or more...which sucks for a number of reasons but the main thing is that we're all here in one piece and we'll sell our old house eventually and everything will be fine, just like it always is.
From top left: Me enjoying the last morning lying on my bare mattress
in my old bedroom; my old bedroom all boxed up; moving van with movers
loading up the attic stuff; boxes completely filling my parents' new room;
my new room!; end of the week and Murph and I are both exhausted.

Day 1273 Song Recommendation: "Diamonds" by The Boxer Rebellion.
Day 1274 Song Recommendation: "Keep the Car Running" by Arcade Fire.
Day 1275 Song Recommendation: "Flame" by Sundara Karma.
Day 1276 Song Recommendation: "Tidal Wave" by Midi Matilda.

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts