The "Almost Finished" Care Package

After my last little break at home, I realized that it was getting harder and harder to come back to campus, and it's getting harder and harder to want to stay here when summer is beckoning. I've counted the days on the calendar a million times hoping maybe I missed one or counted one twice or something, but nope. 12 days left. 4 days of class. 5 major projects. 3 final exams. AND THEN HOMMMMMEEEE!!! If you're like me, and you just want to get the rest of the school year over with as quickly as possible, and you're on the verge of grinding your teeth together or smashing your head (lightly, but firmly) onto your desk in frustration, then have I got the thing for you! Here's a list of some stuff to help get you through the last few weeks of this school year.

1. Here's a "Spring Semester Home Stretch Playlist", with chill vibes and inspiring lyrics to remind you what you have to look forward to such as these:

"'Cause this is our year/So wake me up in the Spring/While I'm high off my American dream /We don't always say what we mean/It's the life of an American teen/Maybe the end is near/But I've been waiting all year/To get the h*ll up out of here/And throw away my fears." -from "American Teen" by Khalid

"Light the fire gather round/ Join together sing it loud/ Raise the glass and joyful be/ Home at last one family." -from "Home at Last" by Josh Garrels

"Let's go out and make the road shake/ I got love to make/ And I've gotta leave in the morning light/ Got a book to write." -from "Just for Now" by Cloud Control

"Monday left me broken/Tuesday I was through with hoping/Wednesday my empty arms were open/Thursday waiting for love, waiting for love/Thank the stars it's Friday/I'm burning like a fire gone wild on Saturday/Guess I won't be coming to church on Sunday." -from "Waiting for Love" by Avicii


2. Here are some inspirational videos to help you feel motivated for these next few weeks

This video of college move in day all those months ago to remind you how far you've come:





This inspiring video about three guys with Tourette's syndrome that will remind you that you can do anything you want, no matter your setbacks. It's kind of long so if you don't want to watch it all, I suggest watching from 9:12-10:12 because that part is the cutest and will give you all the feels.




This one will remind you how awesome it's going to be to see your old friends:





And this video about a duckling growing up that's just really cute.





3. Here are some sites to help you out with your homework


Purdue Owl, for all of your essay and research project formatting needs: 
https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/

A Soft Murmur, a site that provides you with customizable white noise to help you concentrate while studying:
http://asoftmurmur.com/

And Marinara Timer, to help you break your homework up into the most productive chunks of time:
http://www.marinaratimer.com/


Just remember, it's almost over!! You're on the home stretch! After this, summer!!! Good luck y'all. I believe in you.
-VaughnDL

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts