Muriendo en la orilla

There's never a bad time for reading on Beury Beach:
PC: Temple University
     I think this is a new record for me! 11 days without blogging! Welcome to the last two weeks of the semester...<crying emoji> I suppose a lot has happened since the last time I was on here...I went home for Easter, we sold our house (well, not *officially* but we have a family who intends to buy it on May 30th), and I learned my new favorite Spanish expression: Tanto nadar para morir en la orilla. It literally means "Swim so much to die on the shore" but it's the English equivalent of "So much for nothing". I also learned that in Puerto Rico they change the phrase "por si acaso" (just in case) to "por si amosca" which literally means "for if the fly". I learned all of this last Monday at Edison High School, where another volunteer and I were doing an informal tutoring session with a boy from Puerto Rico who's learning English. When he found out that we were both learning Spanish, I told him about saying that I looked like my potato instead of my dad in Spanish class because I pronounced "papa" with the accent on the wrong "a". I also discovered that in Puerto Rico the word for "pope" is "papa upa". Just in case you needed to know. ALSO, the trees finally have leaves on them, PTL! Just two more weeks and I'll be FREE!!! Three papers to write, two to edit, and one exam...time to sleep.

Day 1234 Song Recommendation: "Devotion" by Coleman Hell
Day 1235 Song Recommendation: "Show Me the Quiet Air" by The Franklin Electric
Day 1236 Song Recommendation: "This Beautiful Life" by Colony House.
Day 1237 Song Recommendation: "Carry You" by Novo Armor.
Day 1238 Song Recommendation: "Multiplied" by NEEDTOBREATHE.
Day 1239 Song Recommendation: "Where's My Love" by Syml.
Day 1240 Song Recommendation: "Don't Forget About Me" by Cloves.
Day 1241 Song Recommendation: "Hallelujah" by Pentatonix.
Day 1242 Song Recommendation: "Here" by Alessia Cara.
Day 1243 Song Recommendation: "Lullaby Love" by Roo Panes.
Day 1244 Song Recommendation: "I'm On Fire" by the Staves.

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts