(Not) Happy Valentine's Day

Image result for when your favorite character dies     You know that feeling when your favorite character is about to die? Or rather, the one true love of your favorite character is about to die? And her death will consequently crush your favorite character's heart to smithereens? #thanksContainment. Like come on, for the first time in TV history we have two characters with a wholesome, genuine, deep connection and SHE DIES BEFORE THEY EVEN GET TO TOUCH EACH OTHER. Freaking Containment. Like WHY is that necessary. Please explain to me why you insist on torturing me like that. And she HAS A KID. If it's not crucial enough for her to stay alive to be with her one true love, isn't it enough for her to stay alive to be with HER CHILD?! But noooooo. URG.

Hahahahaha great rant. You're welcome for introducing you to the most HEARTBREAKING SHOW ON THE PLANET WAAAAHHHHH

THANKS BUT NO THANKS, DL!!!! Jk, it's a good kind of pain. I guess.

     Anyway, to turn this into a happy-ish Valentine's Day post, I have some love songs for you to listen to all on your lonesome on this lonely day. I'm going to rip DL's post off and give "categories" for the songs.

15 Valentine's Puns to Make You LOL in Love ♥´¯`•.¸¸.☆ pinned by http://www.wfpblogs.com/category/rachels-blog/ ☆.¸¸.•´¯`♥: Christian
"Real Love" by Hillsong Young & Free. It's so catchy!

Post- or Pre- Break Up
"Let It Go" by James Bay. Let it go, baby, just let it go.

Soul Refreshing
"Sons and Daughters" by Allman Brown. I've already talked about this song so I won't preach its wonderfulness again, but you'll just have to trust me that it is wonderful!

Hipster
"Signals" by Junius Meyvant. You can tell by the name alone the level of hipster this song is on.

Indie
"Love Is Beginning" by Imaginary Futures. To appreciate the cuteness of this song, read the bio of the singer which I copied and pasted from the Imaginary Futures website:
What is love? Baby don't herd me ~ funny Valentine card with sheep (parody of Haddaway song) ~ £3 | via Scribbler.com: "Imaginary Future is singer-songwriter Jesse Epstein.
Here's what happened.
Jesse married his high school sweetheart of eleven years, fellow musician Kina Grannis.
Up until this point, he had written a bunch of sad, slow songs. But something changed. The wedding was the culmination of so many years, an exhilarating marker of happiness and progress.  In the months surrounding the occasion, Jesse reflected on how far he and Kina had come.  She had shaped him. She had changed him. She had pushed him to 

become a better person every day. He owed everything to her and he needed to express that.
And thus came Sunlight, his new album, a love letter to his new wife. He had barely written a happy song in his life, and here, all of a sudden, was an album of pure joy. Eleven love songs, one for each year of their relationship
."

Classic
"You Send Me" by Sam Cooke. This is the perfect wedding song. I have no idea what "you send me" even means, but it's a great song.

Cheesy
"I Want to Hold Your Hand" by the Beatles.

Long Distance
"High and Low" by Joshua Radin. "And I'll see you in the high and low/In the high and low I'll find you/And I'll see you anywhere you go." Borderline stalking, but eh, classic love song material.

When Your Friend Is Going Through a Break Up
"Bite My Tongue" by The Beach. Listen to this song before consoling them so you don't let any hidden "I told you so"s come out.

Food puns                                                       …:
Summer Love
"Rhythm of Love" by The Plain White Ts. I used to think that the guy who sings this song in the music video was like the cutest thing in the world and now I'm just like "Um, why."

Satirical
"My Type" by Saint Motel. "You're just my type/you got a pulse and you are breathing."

80s
"You Make My Dreams" by Hall & Oates. This is a classic 80s feel-good love song. You gotta love it. Even if you hate it.

Friendship Love
"I Will Be There" by Odessa. This song is wonderfully sad.

To listen to all of the above songs, click here.

Day 1176 Song Recommendation: "Stay Together" by Madi Diaz. Thanks to DL for the song recommendation (and day 1285 song recommendation too).

-SE Wagner

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts