Thanksgiving is Upon Us!

     This has been (and still is) a busy week! Unlike SE, my assignments have not been cancelled or pushed back...but that's okay, because they'll all be over soon and then it'll be Thanksgiving break!!!!!!!!! Perhaps the most grueling task I've been assigned this week is to complete a Broadcast journalism project for my Newswriting class. If it's taught me anything, it's that I do not want to be a Broadcast journalist. I know nothing about cameras, I don't know what backgrounds and lighting looks good, and I'm pretty sure the microphone we used for our interviews wasn't even on. Also, I was supposed to upload the video footage from the camera to a harddrive, but I could not for the life of me figure it out! I'm actually pretty sure it's because the camera didn't come to me with the right cord for uploading. Hopefully that's what it is or I'm going to look really stupid. On the plus side, my partner also has no idea what she's doing...okay maybe that's not exactly a plus side, but at least we're on the same page. The whole thing has to be 2 and a half minutes, which doesn't seem that long until you film an interview and realize it's only like thirty seconds. We're meeting with our editor tonight, so hopefully she can work some magic...
     Aside from all the stressful stuff, it's actually been a good week. I did some stuff out of my comfort zone that I'll probably talk about at a later date (okay I made that sound kinda shady...I didn't do anything bad, I promise). Last night was Thanksgiving dinner in Lottie Dining hall, and it was really good!!! I was very pleasantly surprised! Not that Lottie's food is ever bad, but I always just kind of expect Thanksgiving dinner anywhere besides my grandma's house to taste subpar. But while this didn't taste like my grandma's Thanksgiving, it was very good just the same. The mashed potatoes were great, and I say a great mashed potato makes the whole meal. We also started playing new music in Orchestra, including Chopin's Funeral March, which you probably think you've never heard, but trust me, you have. It's like one of the most recognizable pieces of music in the world and it's really fun to play because it's so dark and foreboding. Basically just picture any funeral scene from a movie and it's probably in the background somewhere. Anyway, I can't wait for this weekend, and then two short days, and then home again home again! Have a great Friday!

-VaughnDL

Comments

Popular Posts