Just a Few More Weeks

Image result for christmas is soon     Well, I'm back at Messiah, and back on the blog after far too long. Thanksgiving has come and gone, and while it was fun, and I loved being home, it was also just a tease and made me not want to come back here. Especially because in two and a half weeks I'll be back home for almost a month, but before that can happen, I have to survive these next two weeks of finals and projects and mass, widespread freak-out on the college front as my fellow students collectively orchestrate panic attacks before the holidays and consume copious amounts of coffee in lieu of sleep. I, on the other hand, refuse to give in. I've taken tests all my life and it's really not that hard. Plus, I know the material for all my classes, because I actually GO to all of my classes, and do all of my work. I realize I have it very good here though. After hearing everyone's college stories when I was home for break, I am thanking my lucky stars that I don't live down the hall from any drug dealers, that making good choices is easy for me because that's all I see, that my roommates are wonderful people who make the experience all the better. But I know I'm an anomaly. I don't know why college culture is so disappointingly broken, why it's just become the norm in college to be surrounded by scary, dangerous things, but that's the world we live in. I wish I could fix it all. I hate that I can't. That is my everlasting plight-- that I cannot fix the world, and that, even worse, the world doesn't want to be fixed. I wish everyone could be having as good a college experience as me, and by all means, if you want to transfer, come here and I'll be your best buddy! I'm not trying to say that every secular college is some horrible breeding ground for awful things. I know at the core of it, everything is an individual choice, and you can choose who you want to hang out with and how you want to conduct your time in college. Truly, truly anyone can thrive anywhere if they want to and if they have the right help. But I am saying, to those of you who ARE struggling where you are, I'm sorry you're unhappy and I wish I had the power to do something about it. At the risk of sounding like #ThatChristianSchoolGirl (which, as we know, is pretty much exactly what I am anyway) I am thinking of and praying for you all. We'll get through these next weeks! And then it'll be Christmas!!! Love you all.
-VaughnDL 

Comments

Popular Posts