You Are Loved

     I feel like I talk about myself too much on the blog so today we're not going to talk about me. We're going to talk about you.
Dear You,
     Whether I know you or not, I know that you've gone through some crappy things in your life. Little crappy things, like forgetting to set your alarm and missing class, to big crappy things, like losing a loved one. You've made mistakes, some big and others rather insignificant in the grand scheme of things. We've all made mistakes. But you and I? We're both still here. Despite the crappiness, despite the mistakes. And I just want to let you know that the crappiness and the mistakes make you beautiful. Broken, but beautiful. I want you to know that all of your confusion, doubt, anger, shame, impatience, and imperfection make you human and that you wouldn't be you without them. It is okay to feel these things, to let them hurt us, and then to move past them. To fill our lives up with patience and peace and wisdom and courage. But you don't have to do it alone. Know that every time you think a negative thought about yourself, there is someone out there thinking something beautiful about you and wishing you well. Because you deserve more than the unkind words you tell yourself. You deserve to be loved. And I just want you to know that I, and many, many other people, love you to pieces. We love your pieces, your crappiness, your mistakes. Because we are all pieces, we're all crappy, we're all screw-ups. But we're also so, so much more than that. We are brave and joyful and kind and beautiful and worthy of love. More than anything, you deserve to be happy. Not just happy, but overflowing with joy. And that is my wish for you. That the world will fill you with a joy that flows out of you and into everyone around you and that you may live your days crammed full of an overwhelming sense of exhilarating joy and peace. Because you deserve that. And so, so much more.

Love, SE

Day 1059 Song Recommendation: "The Wolves & the Ravens" by Rogue Valley.
Day 1060 Song Recommendation: "My Life, My Love" by Family and Friends.
Day 1061 Song Recommendation: "Remember Us" by The Hunts.

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts