Patience, Darling

     For the last few weeks I've been volunteering at Mighty Writers and I was getting a little frustrated because I didn't feel like I was actually contributing or helping anyone and then on Monday I met a girl who turned out to be the girl that the coordinator was originally intending on pairing me up with as a mentor! For some reason though, this hadn't even clicked with me until after we'd spent fifteen minutes outside talking and the girl had said to me, "When I saw you I thought "She looks creative. I want her to teach me." Then she said that she liked my nail polish and I told her that I'd done them at a girls night a few days ago and she was like "Next time, you should bring me!" and I was like "Do you have a mentor?" and she was like "No what's that?" So I explained it to her and she was like "I want you to be my mentor!" It was after this that I realized she was the girl I was originally potentially going to be paired with! The next day I got an email from the coordinator and now we're in the process of getting Tasha and I paired up. The world never ceases to amaze me. I always think that I'll be able to predict the direction of my life and when I can't, I'm always so stupidly shocked. Shocked that everything worked out without me doing anything but showing up.
     This past week has taught me that everything is uncertain and everything will work out. Just have faith to keep on keeping on. :)

Day 1062 Song Recommendation: "Joy" by Housefires.
-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts